We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Remarks from the Weekly KAVB Flower Show - Lisse  (Read 531184 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Remarks from the Weekly KAVB Flower Show - Lisse
« Reply #435 on: June 16, 2009, 09:57:40 PM »
Since my beloved Father suffered with that awful disease, as have too many of his relatives, I can only hope in my case for it not to be so. :-X  I  much prefer to think of any lapses as minor overload. :-\
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Ezeiza

« Reply #436 on: June 17, 2009, 12:43:31 AM »
Hi Luit:

Pasithea is not a bulbous plant, it is a common herbaceous perennial with the most striking deep blue flowers.
Alberto Castillo, in south America, near buenos Aires, Argentina.

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #437 on: June 17, 2009, 08:57:37 AM »
Luit, I can tell you for sure that there are so many plants on this forum that sometimes I do not remember them after a few hours, let alone days or weeks!  ::) :-[

Quote from: Michael J Campbell
Or has it something to do with aging
Luit, I know the feeling very well, my family call it Alzheimers,     

Thank goodness, I am so relieved to read Maggi’s and Michael’s words… :D :D :D :D :D
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #438 on: June 17, 2009, 08:58:44 AM »
Hi Luit:

Pasithea is not a bulbous plant, it is a common herbaceous perennial with the most striking deep blue flowers.
Thank you Alberto, will have to research better before writing.    If I don’t forget… :-\ ;D ;D
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Gerdk

• grower of sweet violets
« Reply #439 on: June 17, 2009, 06:53:07 PM »
Is it possible that I see so many pictures of plants on this Forum, that I some of them don't remember
after some weeks ?  ::) ::) ::)
Or has it something to do with aging  :-\.....  :o

Luit, Isn't it calming to be in good company here. There are so many things I don't remember even after a short while.
The most irritating occurence for me is that I loose my tiny garden hoe nearly once in a week. Everytime the same - I throw it into a plastic bag together with the weeds and put the bag aside. After some time when I decide to weed again I miss my little favorite tool. Then I must empty the weed filled bags used recently in order to find the garden hoe. So I waste a lot of time.  On the other hand it is a joyful moment when I have it back  ;D ;D ;D

I add a pic of my little gem!

Gerd
Gerd Knoche, Solingen
Germany

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #440 on: June 17, 2009, 09:59:26 PM »
Luit,

Love those two Geraniums.  All are very nice though.  Thanks.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #441 on: June 17, 2009, 10:11:40 PM »
Your little hoe looks very well used Gerd, which testifies to what a useful tool it is. Guard it carefully. Perhaps someone should start a thread with favourite tools? Many have an interesting history with them.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #442 on: June 17, 2009, 10:31:54 PM »
Luit,

Love those two Geraniums. 

Which two Paul?  ;D ;)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #443 on: June 18, 2009, 05:50:34 AM »
Oops.  :-[  I was so taken by 'Dragon Heart' and 'Corsa' that I didn't even realise that the others in that post were Geraniums as well.  I must have just tuned them completely out and focused on the last two alone.  How embarrassing. :-[
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #444 on: June 18, 2009, 06:06:09 AM »
Paul, when I came to the table with the entries I just saw these two varieties first.
They were really eyecatching, so actually I did understand what you meant, but had to ask for the good order... ;)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #445 on: June 18, 2009, 06:21:25 AM »
Well I can take some comfort from the fact I wasn't alone.  ;D
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.

Ezeiza

« Reply #446 on: June 18, 2009, 10:57:33 PM »
Hi Luit:

No bullying implied! But Pasithea are often lost because it is treated harsh and dry as if it were a bulb. It has fleshy "octopus" roots somehow like an Anthericum or Chlorophytum, that cn dry out easily.

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #447 on: June 19, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
Pasithea are often lost because it is treated harsh and dry as if it were a bulb. It has fleshy "octopus" roots somehow like an Anthericum or Chlorophytum, that can dry out easily.
That's good to know as I've just germinated some from Seedex seed!
Thanks, Alberto.
And thanks, Luit, for the pics.
cheers
fermi
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:47:46 AM by fermides »
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #448 on: June 19, 2009, 10:04:27 AM »
Fermi,

I've got some that are in their second year.  I really must get around to repotting them.  Maybe after I finish my contract at work on the 30th and have some free time.  ::)  SO much to repot. :o
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.

Ezeiza

« Reply #449 on: June 20, 2009, 02:33:22 AM »
Hi Fermi:

It comes from a Mediterranean climate and grows very well at UCBG at Berkeley, California, where the winter is sunny and chilly. The critic time is of course, summer, when the roots must not dry off.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal