We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: November 2015 in the Northern Hemisphere  (Read 8393 times)

K-D Keller

Re: November 2015 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2015, 08:35:52 PM »
Fortunately, no frosted blossoms in the greenhouse :-).

Argyrodema fissum, Galanthus peshmenii, Lysionotus Hybrid, Massonia pustulata and Petrocosmea grandiflora.
South Germany, 270 m.

Roma

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2015, 02:59:32 PM »
I had a quick walk round the garden with my camera yesterday.  Not much in flower.
A few Primulas
Primula 'Dawn Ansell'
Primula marginata
Primula Belarina Nectarine
Primrose
Roma Fiddes, near Aberdeen in north East Scotland.

Roma

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2015, 03:05:52 PM »
Corydalis elata
Crocus pulchellus
Galanthus reginae-olgae (corcyrensis)
Schizostylis
Gentiana acaulis

Roma

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2015, 03:09:24 PM »
Last few
Helleborus niger
A double Helleborus x hybridus
Blue Meconopsis
Osteospermum jucundum compactum

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2015, 05:28:04 PM »
I had a quick walk round the garden with my camera yesterday.  Not much in flower....

A great deal more than in mine Roma, it looks lovely.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2015, 09:04:00 AM »
A great deal more than in mine Roma, it looks lovely.

I agree, still a lot of flowering plants. :)
Here the only flowers are in one snowdrop and one autumn flowering crocus. Colchicums are already over. The first Helleborus niger show buds. I'm going over my pictures of last spring and that helps through winter until next spring.
Leena from south of Finland

Robert

• All text and photos © Robert Barnard
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »
I agree, still a lot of flowering plants. :)
Here the only flowers are in one snowdrop and one autumn flowering crocus. Colchicums are already over. The first Helleborus niger show buds. I'm going over my pictures of last spring and that helps through winter until next spring.

It must be nice having so many flowering plants this late in the season.  :)

We never get very cold here in our part of California, however we have had a goodly number of frosty mornings of -3 C to -4 C since 1 November. This has been enough to shut things down for the winter. We even had a cold rain mixed with snow the other day and a goodly amount of snow further up the mountain.

The autumn foliage was excellent this year, however this did not last very long either. Now most of the colored leaves have been frozen off the trees and shrubs.

I have started to clean up the garden and apply leaf mold for the winter (some parts of the garden get nothing except the rock mulch replenish if necessary). I did not find anything in flower, but it felt great to work in the garden. It seems like I have not been able to do this in ages.  :)  :)  :)

We are heading down to our Sacramento home / garden for a few days. There are a few Salvias still in bloom down there, however even the "mild" Sacramento Valley is getting some frost and the plants are going into winter dormancy.
Robert Barnard
Sacramento & Placerville, Northern California, U.S.A.
All text and photos © Robert Barnard

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him stepto the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

meanie

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2015, 04:26:51 PM »
Lachenalia aloides (which I've put in the porch whilst it blooms)...............

Deppea splendens was looking good until a pane of greenhouse glass shattered in the frost (-5.5°c) ..............

It's in the bathroom now (along with my Cubanola) in the hope that it will recover.

Salvia lasiantha still looks promising..............

Here's a (not very good) photo of my Salvia SL411 to show what a good plant I think it could be given a better summer.............

Salvia leucantha continues to look good despite the cold (fleece and a sheltered spot next to an air brick in the house wall helps).............
West Oxon where it gets cold!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal