We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: White Plastic Plant labels  (Read 12093 times)

Yann

• Journal Access Group
  • Growing and collecting plants since i was young
Re: White Plastic Plant labels
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2016, 10:37:16 AM »
They're flexible, don't break with UV.I've somes in the garden for 10 years and they're still fine. Those in the greenhouse become a bit yellowish after 6 years but don't break. The stiff one are too fragile after 4 years.

North of France

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »
I've been trying to find out how much these labels are but they will not show a price unless you log in. I cannot do this (I've been trying for a long time). Can anybody else find out?
https://www.meyer-shop.com/!cat-10x1.6/Labels_-_blank._Lettering_Supplies/Stick_Labels.__Individually_cut/10x1.6_cm_Stick_Labels_-_0.4_mm

I've also been looking at the Anglo-Scottish ones
http://www.angloscottish.net/100-x-16mm-stick-in-white-378-p.asp
but they are VERY expensive - £12-50 for 500 +£12 postage.

Does anyone know if the ones that used to be available at the Discussion Weekends are available to members by post?
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 05:53:26 PM »
Glassford had tried to get David Rankin to make new arrangements, Anne - nothing happened as far as I know.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:24:38 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 06:17:53 PM »
I'm told there will be some available at the Kendal Show.  :)

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 06:24:58 PM »
Excellent news!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Leucogenes

• ...keep on rockin in the free world
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 07:08:01 PM »
What a coincidence ... I just bought a "Meyer" label this week. From my friends from the Arctic-Alpine-Garden in Chemnitz. 120 x 17 mm,
Roll of 2500 pieces = 48.20 €.
Price from 2015.
I've been using them for a long time and I'm very satisfied.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:47:49 PM by Leucogenes »

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 07:26:42 PM »
I've been trying to find out how much these labels are but they will not show a price unless you log in. I cannot do this (I've been trying for a long time). Can anybody else find out?
https://www.meyer-shop.com/!cat-10x1.6/Labels_-_blank._Lettering_Supplies/Stick_Labels.__Individually_cut/10x1.6_cm_Stick_Labels_-_0.4_mm

Anne, after a struggle I managed to register and am now able to sign in! I found the labels you were interested in and the price is Euro 16.00 (but am not sure if this is for 500 or 1000-it's a lousy web site) plus VAT at Euro3.04 plus shipping. I didn't explore the shipping element.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Graeme

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2017, 09:31:54 PM »
Anne, after a struggle I managed to register and am now able to sign in! I found the labels you were interested in and the price is Euro 16.00 (but am not sure if this is for 500 or 1000-it's a lousy web site) plus VAT at Euro3.04 plus shipping. I didn't explore the shipping element.
If they are in rolls they are usually for label printers - I have a TEC thermal printer and to be honest it does not get that much use - I quite like writting labels as they are the only thing I ever actually physically write nowadays - it also reminds me how to spell a lot of the names as well.........
"Never believe anything you read on the Internet" Oscar Wilde

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 10:31:13 AM »
.......I quite like writting labels as they are the only thing I ever actually physically write nowadays - it also reminds me how to spell a lot of the names as well.........

Aye right! :D ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2017, 10:38:48 PM »
If they are in rolls they are usually for label printers - I have a TEC thermal printer and to be honest it does not get that much use - I quite like writting labels as they are the only thing I ever actually physically write nowadays - it also reminds me how to spell a lot of the names as well.........
I could wish I had a printer when I have to write Narcissus cantabricus petunioides x romieuxii albidus SF110 on a dozen 4" labels!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2017, 10:40:54 PM »
Thanks, David. It wouldn't recognise my automatically entered log-in details, and when I clicked on forgot password it asked me for my email address and log-in details.... ::)

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Graeme

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2017, 12:01:29 PM »
I could wish I had a printer when I have to write Narcissus cantabricus petunioides x romieuxii albidus SF110 on a dozen 4" labels!
I only use the printer when it Lavenders for the OH - the labels are good but £30+ for a drum of 1,000 + your black thermal ribbon - I do have a hand held one you can store labels and and print them on clear stick on tape - this I do like and the labels seem last a long time - most of my narcissus have these type of labels as I can print a number the same in one go.
I always put at least two labels in each plant - except the cyclamen as if I come to split something I don't then have to remember to write another label - I don't know wether it is efficiency or optimism though..........

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 01:41:01 AM »
I bought an engraver a few months ago so I could do permanent labels!
Who knows where it has ended up ???
Must endeavour to unearth it and start practising because bulb re-potting season is upon us!
Sounds like you need to give it a cultivar name - something short like "Anne's wonderful new white Hoop-petticoat Lustre"
 ;D
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Graeme

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2017, 07:00:25 PM »
I bought an engraver a few months ago so I could do permanent labels!
used to use a Pyrogravure a very long time ago and used it on the plastic labels - the labels have outlasted the plants
Been looking at a small laser writer that looks like it will do 4" labels

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2017, 06:17:59 PM »
Must endeavour to unearth it and start practising because bulb re-potting season is upon us!Sounds like you need to give it a cultivar name - something short like "Anne's wonderful new white Hoop-petticoat Lustre"
 ;D
cheers
fermi
;D ;D Yeah, that would be MUCH quicker!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal