We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: White Plastic Plant labels  (Read 12141 times)

Leucogenes

• ...keep on rockin in the free world
Re: White Plastic Plant labels
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2017, 08:10:11 PM »
Here is a photo of these labels. I also have some printed. Above is the number of my list. Then I put it so far into the earth that you only see the number (second picture). I think it is very nice and you can see not only labels, but also plants. :)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »
Are these the labels from the Meyer shop please? Could you provide the product type and code for them please?
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Leucogenes

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2017, 08:43:56 PM »
Are these the labels from the Meyer shop please? Could you provide the product type and code for them please?

I bought these labels from my friends. They are from Meyer. The exact name in German is Meyer-TT-Secketiketten, 120 x 17 mm. Roll a 2500 pieces. That's enough for two lives. ;D I do not have a code, unfortunately.
Maybe you will continue with the name.

Leucogenes

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2017, 09:02:43 PM »
Was just on the website of Meyer ... I found it. The article number is 173110. I can really recommend it.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »
Many thanks.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ArdfearnAli

• Ardfearn Nursery
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2017, 07:07:35 PM »
If it is of any interest I use labels from Longcombe Labels in Devon. They are suppliers to Nursery/Trade. They have a shiny side for thermal printing but have a mat side which you can write on with a pencil. They seem to last for years and I have been using them for around 30 years at Ardfearn nursery. They have the following sizes 100 x 19mm WEL, 115 x 19mm WEL, 95 x 25mm WEL, 115 x 25mm WEL, 138 x 25mm WEL, 25 x 140mm 4up NEL I generally use 115mm by 25 stick in  printer and 100 x 19 for general writing as well as  They come in rolls of 1000.  WEL stands for wide edge leading. I would avoid the NEL narrow edge leading as they tend to be curved due to being on a roll. Not sure what their minimum order is.

Alasdair

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2017, 08:48:55 PM »
Thanks for that Ali. They are only up the road from me so I'll pop in when I am next in the area and suss them out.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Graeme

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2017, 10:37:52 PM »
If it is of any interest I use labels from Longcombe Labels in Devon. They are suppliers to Nursery/Trade. They have a shiny side for thermal printing but have a mat side which you can write on with a pencil. They seem to last for years and I have been using them for around 30 years at Ardfearn nursery. They have the following sizes 100 x 19mm WEL, 115 x 19mm WEL, 95 x 25mm WEL, 115 x 25mm WEL, 138 x 25mm WEL, 25 x 140mm 4up NEL I generally use 115mm by 25 stick in  printer and 100 x 19 for general writing as well as  They come in rolls of 1000.  WEL stands for wide edge leading. I would avoid the NEL narrow edge leading as they tend to be curved due to being on a roll. Not sure what their minimum order is.

Alasdair
these are the ones I use in the printer - they do last for years and they do the ones that fit TEC printers - never actually tried writing on them by hand though 
"Never believe anything you read on the Internet" Oscar Wilde

ArdfearnAli

• Ardfearn Nursery
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2017, 12:03:29 PM »
I use an HB pencil. Get a staedtler or decent make as some of the cheap ones don't seem to be as good. It lasts for a long time if you write on the mat side. Longcombe also do a label for a TXP printer? They are I think 38mm wide by 110mm approx long which we use as a bed label and being wider you can write across the top of the label which makes it easier to read. Its also easier for me to identify the start of a batch of plants when there in our growing frames.

Alasdair

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2017, 08:43:43 PM »
The Longcombe labels cost £150 for 5000 labels inc VAT and delivery. That is their minimum order.
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2017, 09:47:58 PM »
Thanks Anne, I'll give it a miss.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2017, 06:46:03 PM »
Me too  :(
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2017, 08:33:50 PM »
I've been trying to find out how much these labels are but they will not show a price unless you log in. I cannot do this (I've been trying for a long time). Can anybody else find out?
https://www.meyer-shop.com/!cat-10x1.6/Labels_-_blank._Lettering_Supplies/Stick_Labels.__Individually_cut/10x1.6_cm_Stick_Labels_-_0.4_mm

I've also been looking at the Anglo-Scottish ones
http://www.angloscottish.net/100-x-16mm-stick-in-white-378-p.asp
but they are VERY expensive - £12-50 for 500 +£12 postage.

Does anyone know if the ones that used to be available at the Discussion Weekends are available to members by post?

After a long struggle with the Meyer web site, which is an absolute nightmare to use in my view, I managed to place an 'order' for 1000 white labels but it was impossible to get a proper price. The price quoted at this stage on the site is ex VAT, and ex delivery. The subsequent invoice that was emailed to me (cash before delivery) did include VAT and delivery so the whole shabang would have cost over 52 Euro plus any charges for currency exchange. So I cancelled. Back to the drawing board!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Graeme

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2017, 10:46:44 PM »
I don't think you will get them for less than £30-35 for a 1,000 because of the spools and if you have a printer the convenience

I think mine does about 60 a minute and they are all the same - every time - its all about time and cost

Single labels I just stick to writing them - you will get a 1,000 4" labels in a box for about £8 (or £2 a 1,000 in Wilko's autumn sale ;D)
"Never believe anything you read on the Internet" Oscar Wilde

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2017, 06:26:52 PM »
A reminder that the labels  formerly sold for SRGC by Glassford Sprunt are  available  here :

Anglo-Scottish Packaging
21 Montrose Avenue
Glasgow
G52 4LA

This is their web address :
http://www.angloscottish.net/

They come in a range of colours : http://www.angloscottish.net/horticultural-labels-34-c.asp

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:30:53 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal