We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: North American Bulbs 2018  (Read 847 times)

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
North American Bulbs 2018
« on: January 02, 2018, 02:19:30 PM »
Usually the "themids" are finished before the new year but this clump was planted very late so is just coming into full flower.
I think this is a selection of Triteleia laxa and is called 'Allure'
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Robert

• All text and photos © Robert Barnard
Re: North American Bulbs 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »
Fermi,

'Allure' is a nice Triteleia. I take it that the color holds well in hot weather?

It is blooming very late for Triteleia laxa. Maybe it is some sort of interspecific hybrid. Do you know anything about the origin of this clone? This would be very interesting.
Robert Barnard
Sacramento & Placerville, Northern California, U.S.A.
All text and photos © Robert Barnard

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him stepto the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 02:52:58 PM »
Hi Robert,
I got 'Allure' from Lambley Nursery and I think they got it from one of the Dutch bulb companies.
It's flowering now because I only found the corms in October! The ones that weren't dug up were already in flower at the time.
I was a bit surprised that they actually flowered and that the buds didn't abort,
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Robert

• All text and photos © Robert Barnard
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 10:46:15 PM »
Hi Fermi,

Thank you.  :)  The tidbits of information are quite useful for me.

Hopefully I will have a good selection of our garden cultivated Themidaceae to share on the forum during our spring. Some good California native Alliums too.
Robert Barnard
Sacramento & Placerville, Northern California, U.S.A.
All text and photos © Robert Barnard

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him stepto the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal