We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC Seed Exchange No.72 2018-2019  (Read 25496 times)

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
    • The Hardy Orchid Society
Re: SRGC Seed Exchange No.72 2018-2019
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2018, 12:48:39 AM »
Done, bit of a problem with the I'm not a robot captcha.  Also had to disable Adblock plus extension for Chrome, for the site to allow the buttons to work.  But other than that all okay.  Thanks to all the volunteers for all the hard working running the exchange.
Interested in Hardy Orchids then join The Hardy Orchid Society
Wanted Hardy Orchid Seed please pm me if you have some that you can spare
Sussex, England, UK Zone 9a

kris

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2018, 02:42:08 AM »
the PayPal checkout window does not pop up for me. what is the problem? Am I doing something wrong. I selected the currency as dollar also
Krish
Saskatoon,Canada
-35C to +30C

CRSHEP0

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2018, 03:00:49 AM »
I am having same problem.  I initially got to the PayPal button, and clicked and nothing happened.  I jumped back to review, ad, now, I can't even get from the review, to even get back to payment ie:  No button on the bottom of the list to review.  Finally, now, I am locked.  Help.  Cecile

kris

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2018, 03:36:51 AM »
I did the same thing and also locked  ;D
Krish
Saskatoon,Canada
-35C to +30C

Jan Jeddeloh

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2018, 06:45:37 AM »
I am also locked out after making my selections.  Can't pay.  Can't even access Paypal.  I sent and email to the seed exchange contact person.  Hopefully somebody will fix the problem and let us know what is going on.

All three seed exes have made changes to their seed exchanges.  It's a lot for my "seedy" old brain to take in.

Jan
Jan Jeddeloh, Portland, Oregon, USA zone 8

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2018, 07:02:14 AM »
I can't complain! It worked perfectly well - well I can complain that we were out when the Seedex went "live"  :o
Had to wait till Will finished his coffee before we could race home to do the list ;D
Didn't take long as I'd already checked the list to make selections and make sure they were all on our "allowed" list
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

admin

• Administrator
  • Something on the screen moved! The sky is falling!
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2018, 07:18:46 AM »
There appears to be an issue in entering numbers manually the grid -  I was randomly locked out and  had to reset my order and start again from scratch  to clear the problem. 

When I went to Sage Pay  it failed and I was left with this message

This transaction attempt has failed. We are unable to redirect you back to the web store from which you were purchasing. The details of the failure are given below.

5080 : Form transaction registration failed

- I did not try Paypal.

I did manage to delete the order after these problems though, so that works fine.

Edit: 

I tried again with a fresh order but still the same error and now the order appears to be locked. It would also be useful to have the google search facility on the seed selector as it was on the old less user friendly system. I also noticed that when I deleted an order I got no confirmation -  just a blank white screen. I also got left with a blank white scree after attempting to use the contact page, so I have no idea if the message was delivered or not.

None of this is really a problem -  I'm not too worried about getting seed this year, so please don't waste too much time on it.    :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:49:01 AM by admin »

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2018, 09:35:46 AM »
I got the order well and completed. Sage Pay didn't work, but Paypal worked fine.
Thank you all so much for the seeds and all the hard work in Scotland! :)
Leena from south of Finland

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2018, 10:03:12 AM »
Also had problems. Was unable to pay - nothing happened when I clicked on the Pay button. Also, the extra numbers could not be filled in manually, only by clicking on the seedlist. Finally managed to pay by going back to the Review page and re-selecting "go to payment". Used PayPal which worked with no problem.

Inevitably there will be gremlins with a new system, I'm sure you'll soon have it sorted. Keep up the good work!

Paul
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 10:08:51 AM by Paul Cumbleton »
Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

allanm

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2018, 10:20:43 AM »
Well done to the new system. 
Paid by Paypal with no problems really.
I can confirm Paul's observation that the surplus seed boxes would not accept keyed in numbers.

Allan Morgan

Poynton, Cheshire

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2018, 11:21:15 AM »
I can confirm Paul's observation that the surplus seed boxes would not accept keyed in numbers.
I found the same issue with the main distribution. Totally locked up and could not type in numbers after filling in 1/2 the boxes.

It's not really a big problem though you can either clear  the order, delete it and start a new order or just use the seed selector. There is usually a workaround.   ;)

The Sagepay issue is more puzzling. When a transaction has been completed - successfully or otherwise - Sagepay sends a message back to the host system. The status of the transaction can then be checked and  further payments locked for that order.  That is how the old less user friendly system handled these requests. Properly. With my own order the transaction failed (for whatever reason) and now the order is locked. When I attempt to pay again (or do just about anything else)  I am presented with the now all too familiar blank screen.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:44:20 PM by admin »

Dionysia

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »
Having waited in the hope the gremlins would disappear I eventually decided to 'bite the bullet' and try submitting on-line. Had the same problems as Paul Cumbleton, followed his advice and got to the the Sage Pay page only to get an error message '5080 Form Transaction Registration Failed'. Now seem to be completely locked out with no chance of completing the order on-line so have had to resort to good old paper and pen. Sometimes its good to be a technophobe dinosaur. Just hope that as a donor of 20 years +, my position in the pecking order is not affected.
Paul
 in Chippenham

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2018, 01:07:50 PM »
I'm not at all confident with  these Sagepay errors in may be a format /  encryption error and would use Paypal were it not I am now locked out.  However the Gods may  be looking after me as just 5 minutes ago the paper seed list dropped though my letter box. I'll probably just use that and order by post.  I'm not too concerned about pecking orders / priorities so it's no big deal.  Well done to the seed team for all their good work.   :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:51:00 PM by admin »

MatthewC

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2018, 01:32:19 PM »
Just completed my order which went very smoothly. Payment by Paypal. I thought the whole system was great. Many, many thanks to all those involved in running the seed exchange from the collection and distribution of seeds to setting up the fantastic ordering system. I particularly liked having the Excel seed list to help prepare my choices. I put a '1' in the column next to my provisional first choices and similarly a '1' in the next column against my provisional second choices and had a simple 'sum' formula at the bottom of each column to add up my choices.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2018, 01:46:35 PM »
Having waited in the hope the gremlins would disappear I eventually decided to 'bite the bullet' and try submitting on-line. Had the same problems as Paul Cumbleton, followed his advice and got to the the Sage Pay page only to get an error message '5080 Form Transaction Registration Failed'. Now seem to be completely locked out with no chance of completing the order on-line so have had to resort to good old paper and pen. Sometimes its good to be a technophobe dinosaur. Just hope that as a donor of 20 years +, my position in the pecking order is not affected.
Paul, however you order, I have no doubt that the Seed Team will honour all the  usual  provision of the  priority given to  donors etc.

It is  worth  mentioning for all, that distribution will not begin at all until the New Year ! 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:56:57 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal