We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Rhodohypoxis 2019  (Read 1373 times)

Graeme

Rhodohypoxis 2019
« on: April 28, 2019, 07:57:00 PM »
After a complete wipe out in Autumn 2017 :(  - I have been collecting again and now back up to 40 named varieties again - and actually re-potted most of them into 11x11x12's and they are going wild

"Never believe anything you read on the Internet" Oscar Wilde

Graeme

Re: Rhodohypoxis 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 07:58:36 PM »

Graeme

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 08:03:43 PM »

Gravel is for rendering houses - local builders merchant had half a pallet leftover - got a deal £2 a 25kg bag + they threw in all the split ones

Mark Griffiths

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 10:47:35 PM »
very nice - I lost 2/3 of my collections to mice in a few days last Feb..I repotted them all and they were in the garage, so I'm also rebuilding the collection although I'll be limited by how much I can store safely in pots in the garage over the winter. What happened with your collection?
Oxford, UK
http://inspiringplants.blogspot.com - no longer active.

Graeme

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 08:28:18 PM »
very nice - I lost 2/3 of my collections to mice in a few days last Feb..I repotted them all and they were in the garage, so I'm also rebuilding the collection although I'll be limited by how much I can store safely in pots in the garage over the winter. What happened with your collection?
Mice - they were in the top tunnel in autumn in crates - with the door closed so the cat could not get in - only go in there about once a week - they ate about 3,500 to 4,000 bulbs - I was gutted

I am building up again but it takes a while - I had even bought a lot of deep seed trays in

Its been an expensive lesson

Graeme

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 08:28:08 PM »
Picked these up yesterday

Bought three pots of the pink and white one as it is definitely not what it was named and does not look like anything else I have got

The second one is badger - sometimes the white stripe is a lot more pronounced

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal