We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Dried Daphne Seed  (Read 1790 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Dried Daphne Seed
« on: May 16, 2008, 07:48:41 PM »
I have dried Daphne seed in my fridge which I intend to sow in Autumn but two questions please. Should I soak the seed before I sow it?
Does Daphne seed deteriorate with storage?
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ruweiss

Re: Dried Daphne Seed
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:09:52 PM »
David,in my experience dried Daphne seed has a very low germination rate.
The best thing is to sow them directly after harvesting(with or with out removing the flesh)and leave
the seed pot outside all the time,but don't let it dry out!
The Daphne giraldii-Seedlings were sown in summer last year and gave a pretty result,the seedlings at the
second picture are from the year before.
Nevertheless Good Luck!
Rudi Weiss,Waiblingen,southern Germany,
climate zone 8a,elevation 250 m

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Dried Daphne Seed
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 09:39:32 AM »
Thanks for that Rudi. If I get a couple to germinate I shall be happy, I haven't room for a plantation!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal