We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC SEED EXCHANGE 2024-2025 U.S. Donations  (Read 11 times)

MarcR

SRGC SEED EXCHANGE 2024-2025 U.S. Donations
« on: July 30, 2024, 11:55:15 PM »
I have again offered to coordinate US donations for SRGC and AGS.  Deadlines will be posted By Ian when established; otherwise the 2023-2024 guidelines will apply.

Please send seed as soon as possible to allow time for processing and paperwork.  Late ripening seed may be received after the deadline, until one day before inspection if:
1) I know it is coming.
2) it is commercially clean.
3) it arrives on time.

Seed being sent under a Phytosanitaty certificate are held to a much higher standard of cleanliness than seed entering the country under a small lots permit.

I continue to be willing to do the cleaning; but, PLEASE, not at the last minute.

Last year I worked 75 consecutive  hrs (except for meals & restroom) cleaning late arriving seed.  I am 84 years old, and I don't think my body will tolerate that again.
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Jeffnz

Re: SRGC SEED EXCHANGE 2024-2025 U.S. Donations
« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:08:15 AM »
Hi Marc
I hope that everybody appreciated your efforts around the seed exchange preparation.
Do you receive galanthus seed to the exchange?
Regards and thanks
Jeff

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal