We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: August in the Northern Hemisphere  (Read 4364 times)

Robert

• All text and photos © Robert Barnard
Re: August in the Northern Hemisphere
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2024, 06:29:26 PM »
Hi Leena,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post photographs of your beautiful garden. I find it very inspiring. I especially enjoyed the garden scene in the Colchicum thread.

I wish that I had something worthwhile to post. Since Jasmin’s health issues began, our large, mature, walnut tree needed to be removed, and the record breaking high temperatures this summer began, we have been lucky to move some of our most beloved plants, save a few in place, and watch the remaining plants burn to nothingness in the extreme heat. I have to admit that I am optimistic that a new garden will evolve that will be even more satisfying than what we had before. It will just take time and the need to rethink our plant choices and our growing methods.

Thank you again for posting scenes from your beautiful garden.  :)   8)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 06:37:06 PM by Robert »
Robert Barnard
Sacramento & Placerville, Northern California, U.S.A.
All text and photos © Robert Barnard

To forget how to dig the earth and tend the soil is to forget ourselves.

Mohandas K. Gandhi

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
Re: August in the Northern Hemisphere
« Reply #16 on: Today at 04:47:02 PM »
Thanks Robert. :)
It has been in the news also here how hot (and fires) it has been in your part of the world.
I'm glad it is not as hot here, but nevertheless I have also had to start thinking about more drought resistant plants and maybe change some plants.
Gentianas seem to cope quite well, but I have had to water my Meconopsis plants many times during the summer. I still love them and want to try to grow them.
Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal