We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Buying seed from the Czech Republic.  (Read 4293 times)

gote

• still going down the garden path...
  • A fact is a fact - even if it is an unusual fact
Re: Buying seed from the Czech Republic.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 09:09:03 AM »
A long time ago, before the European Union, I made a business trip to Burghausen in Germany on the Austrian border. I stayed in a hotel on the Austrian side on the other side of the river.
If I used the foot bridge over the river, my passport was scrutinized on both sides. If I used the car and took a detour over the motorway bridge nobody cared.
This is typical for the way institutions like Royal and not so royal mail systems, border police and customs offices work.
Once when I was getting off the ferry from Sweden to Germany there was a special razzia for contraband and every car was searched except mine. Why? because I declared an expensive instrument that I wanted to get back with no fuzz. I spent a little time in the customs office and was then waved straight on without any search.
This is why those of us who send banknotes get away with it. No Postal system wants you to send money in letters. They want to charge you extra and threat us with various regulations. I doubt that any Norwegian has been brought to court for sending undeclared money but I might be wrong.
Göte

Göte Svanholm
Mid-Sweden

Andrew

• Trainee Croconut
Re: Buying seed from the Czech Republic.
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
Currently, the following countries all prohibit the sending of cash:

... Australia ...

When did Australia appear on the list ?

At the beginning of the year I went to the Post Office, changed my pounds to AUS dollars, the assistant in there looked up in the book and said they had to go registered, so I put the money in the envelope and off they went!
Andrew, North Cambridgeshire, England.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal