We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Lecturers - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly  (Read 3355 times)

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
Re: Lecturers - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »
Well said Joakim, I think that the Forum is the biggest, best and most active of all the Scottish Rock Garden Club Groups.
We meet every day - all day at any time there are people on-line- we see wonderful pictures of wonderful plants from places we may never get the chance to visit.
I learn so much form these posts - I laugh at the jokes - I enjoy the companionship we all get from meeting on-line.

For some time I have had a wish to have short talks streamed on-line - they would go out first at a certain time on a certain day then they would be archived so they could be enjoyed any time.
Obviously we do not have that ability yet but I am hoping that it will come.
I see that Adobe Acrobat Pro complete has the facility to have powerpoint presentations and video embedded in the PDF format.
Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 12:55:51 PM »
Wow, Ian, that would be so good if it can be achieved.
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 02:17:51 PM »
Last night I introduced Davie Sharp to our local garden club to give one of his New Zealand trip talks. They loved it :) The question session at the end was more lively than many I have witnessed at Group talks, which is an indication to me of how much the audience have understood the talk. As I was chairing the evening I took the opportunity to tell them that chapter 2 of "Davie goes to NZ" would be presented to the Highland Group next month so hopefully we will be able to milk a few new members from this. At the end of the evening I gave Davie the usual remuneration and expenses and he seemed quite surprised to be offered this - It didn't stop him accepting it though ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:27:47 PM by David Shaw »
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

Susan Band

• Pitcairn Alpines
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 02:49:56 PM »
Ian,
I have to admit that anytime I have borrowed the club projector I have had a sneeky look at the talks that have been saved on it  ;D A private preview really

Susan
Susan Band, Pitcairn Alpines, ,PERTH. Scotland

Susan's website:
http://www.pitcairnalpines.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal