We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: I can't see the R hand side of some pictures  (Read 1621 times)

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
I can't see the R hand side of some pictures
« on: December 14, 2008, 02:19:16 PM »
OK I realise I am only semi-literate when it comes to computers, but Johnnie D has posted a lovely picture of yours truly and him outdoors, but I can only see myself when I enlarge it.  I don't think it's just 'cos my waistband has expanded somewhat, but Brian might get a bit miffed if he cannot see himself in full technicolour.  Can anyone help with understandable advice, I'd really appreciate it?
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
Re: I can't see the R hand side of some pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 02:29:02 PM »
Shelagh, some wives would ask why you are complaining :D. I won't keep on digging because I want you both to continue talking to me.
I have no technical advice to offer except to buy a computer with a larger screen.
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

Diane Clement

• the people's Pepys
  • gone to seed
    • AGS Midland Garden Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 02:45:18 PM »
OK I realise I am only semi-literate when it comes to computers, but Johnnie D has posted a lovely picture of yours truly and him outdoors, but I can only see myself when I enlarge it.  I don't think it's just 'cos my waistband has expanded somewhat, but Brian might get a bit miffed if he cannot see himself in full technicolour.  Can anyone help with understandable advice, I'd really appreciate it?

Hi Shelagh.  Johnny D has forgotten to resize his pictures before he posted them, so they are too big to appear on the screen.  Most screens will show up to 1024 x 768 pixels whereas John's pictures are a great deal more than this, hence the need to scroll. 

Diane Clement, Wolverhampton, UK
Director, AGS Seed Exchange

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 02:59:06 PM »
OK Diane, so far so good I understand that.  Trouble is, I can scroll vertically (they can't touch you for it) but I can't scroll horizontally so where do I go from here.  No comments please about people from an island to the west of us who would say 'If I were you I wouldn't start from here.' ???
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Tony Willis

• Wandering Star
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 03:21:08 PM »
Shelagh

you will find there is a scroll bar for left and right at the bottom of the three pictures when you have enlarged only one. So if it is the first you have enlarged then scroll down to the bottom of the third and there it is

naturally I wanted all of you in the picture so I did this
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:38:28 PM by Tony Willis »
Chorley, Lancashire zone 8b

JohnnyD

• Maxi-minigardenist
  • free at last!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 07:50:16 PM »
My fault I fear. :-\

I reduced the Kb but not the mm! :'(

Must try harder. ::)
John Dower, Frodsham, Cheshire.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal