We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SEARCH FUNCTION  (Read 3631 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: SEARCH FUNCTION
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 11:03:49 AM »
I used "C." instead of the full name as it had recently been used and we knew what we were talking about.

You are missing my point, Paul : What I am saying is that the search engine does not pick up on those references....how would it distinguish between C. for Cyrthanths and C. for cyclamen?  This will inevitably reduce the number of hits!

I am still surprised if we have only mentioned the name Cyrtanthus 23 times in the whole of these topics

Well, Paul, that is your prerogative.  However, I am not so sure that this is a genus which has been that much discussed......
and with the  Current Forum alone having 66785 Posts in 2438 Topics by 744 Members... I am not inclined to wade through, page by page, to prove the point !  :P

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:45:31 AM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Hans J

• Gardener and Gourmet
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 12:46:10 PM »
Maggi ,

could you maybe please write someting under "Posting pictures" that every plantname should also be written in the text -so the search maschine can find them .
"The bigger the roof damage, the better the view"(Alexandra Potter)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 01:26:52 PM »
Hans, I have made such posts in various places in the past, but I will, certainly, repeat it as  you suggest... perhaps this time it may have some effect!

I have made the post again here......   http://www.srgc.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=65.msg68068#new
 Re: Viewing pictures on the Forum
« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:22:49 PM »

I have renamed the above thread as Viewing and Posting pictures on the Forum   and have made reference to the other help page on Forum use and posting.  Perhaps this will help!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:36:52 PM by Maggi Young »

Hans J

• Gardener and Gourmet
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 01:37:37 PM »
Yes Maggi I know ....but always comes new members ....
"The bigger the roof damage, the better the view"(Alexandra Potter)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 02:06:47 PM »
Yes Maggi I know ....but always comes new members ....

And be sure I am very pleased that there are always new members! 

Note to all readers, whether old, new  or recycled:
There must  be a limit to how often I will repeat information that is already laid out clearly, in addition to the forum system help pages  ::)  Please read  those pages before you post!
I begin to feel like a school marm  :'(

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 11:29:02 AM »
Well, Paul, that is your prerogative.  However, I am not so sure that this is a genus which has been that much discussed......
and with the  Current Forum alone having 66785 Posts in 2438 Topics by 744 Members... I am not inclined to wade through, page by page, to prove the point !  :P

Maggi,

Where is your dedication then? I mean Gosh.... that should only take you a few months, and I'm sure by then we will have something else that you then start the search again for, after that.  I mean you could have a full time job checking things for us, on top of the full time job you have looking after the BD and Lilly, and the other full time job you have monitoring this forum, and the other full time job you have...... etc.  ;)

We all love you dearly and this place most definitely could not run without you.  I for one greatly appreciate what you do, even if I do give you gyp on very, very, VERY rare occasions.  ;D
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal