We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC forum member - informal poll  (Read 13461 times)

gote

• still going down the garden path...
  • A fact is a fact - even if it is an unusual fact
Re: SRGC forum member - informal poll
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »
I am not offended. My point is merely that runes are just another alphabet just as Cyrillic or Greek and no more difficult.
Göte
Göte Svanholm
Mid-Sweden

fleurbleue

• les Jardins des Grims
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2009, 06:26:59 PM »
hi
I am a french gardener and love many sorts of plants.
It's my first reply on this forum because I don't speak very well english but I often read your posts.
I have found the srgc website searching informations for a plant and decided immediatly to become a srgc member to benefit from seed exchange.
I have been a srgc member for three years and  I am waiting impatiently for the seed list every year.
I read regularly the Ian Young's bulb logs and Wisley alpine logs  where I learn many things.
Kinds regards for all
Nicole, Sud Est France,  altitude 110 m    Zone 8

Carlo

• BirdMan and Botanical Blogger
    • BotanicalGardening.com
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »
fleurbleue,

Please consider joining us more often. Your English is terrific...and I for one would love to hear more from France. Are you familiar with Olivier Filippi's nursery, book, and work? What part of the country do you garden in?
Carlo A. Balistrieri
Vice President
The Garden Conservancy
Zone 6

Twitter: @botanicalgarden
Visit: www.botanicalgardening.com and its BGBlog, http://botanicalgardening.com/serendipity/index.php

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2009, 06:39:36 PM »
Hi fleurbleue, welcome to the forum, you will get lots of information here and meet lots of like- minded friends.

Cheers.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2009, 07:18:03 PM »
Hello fleurbleue, your English is excellent and I hope that now you have joined us you will post for us as well.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2009, 07:54:53 PM »
A warm welcome from me too, fleurebleue. Your English is very good and MUCH better than my minimal French, though I have figured out Blue Flower.

Gote, we here in the south of New Zealand absolutely LOVE our northern counterparts, i.e. those in the north of NZ, especially Aucklanders. As we perceive them, they're rich, arrogant, and don't acknowledge that life exists south of the Bombay Hills (a part of south Auckland). Perhaps you know the very pleasant sweets, jaffas, which have a chocolate centre and an orange-flavoured outer coat. But we have another, a JAFA, which means "Just another f..... Aucklander." In a small Central Otago town (near me)  a few years ago, some Auckland immigrants opened a cafe/bar which they called "Jafa's." So they know we really do quite like them - usually.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:24:38 PM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

fleurbleue

• les Jardins des Grims
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2009, 11:53:56 PM »
CARLO, DAVID, LESLIE, thanks for my "english" but I have written my post for a long time with my dictionary on my knees lol
Nicole, Sud Est France,  altitude 110 m    Zone 8

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2009, 03:58:43 AM »
Nicole,

And I bet you spent a LOT less time with that dictionary than I would have if I was trying to type it in french!!  ;D  Welcome!!
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Heinz Meyer

• Juttas Staudengarten
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
Hello everybody,
my name is Heinz Meyer, I come from northern Germany and I am a member since last autumn in the SRGC. Here in the forum, I have been about a year read-only member, I've never dared to write here because my English is not good.

Greetings!
          Heinz
Heinz Meyer, Northwest of Germany Zone 7 b - 8 a

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »
Greetings, Nicole and Heinz, great to have you join in. 8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

gote

• still going down the garden path...
  • A fact is a fact - even if it is an unusual fact
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2009, 02:02:27 PM »
Lesley,
I am not surprised.
If you travel in Bavaria you will find that the locals say that Preußen starts ten miles north of where they are. (They will never forgive Bismark that he dragged their Beautiful Freistaat into Germany.)
In Sweden we say that Lappland starts ten miles north of us.
The Danes say that Asia starts on our side of Öresund.
Only in your case it is the South Island that is closer to the pole.
You are upside down. I do not understand that you do not fall off  ??? ??? ???
Göte
Göte Svanholm
Mid-Sweden

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2009, 07:28:14 PM »
Well gravity I suppose, but that would only make us remain attached. How can we still be upright with the sky above? I suspect the ancients were right after all and the earth is flat.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2009, 10:50:45 PM »
Hello everybody,
my name is Heinz Meyer, I come from northern Germany and I am a member since last autumn in the SRGC. Here in the forum, I have been about a year read-only member, I've never dared to write here because my English is not good.

Greetings!
          Heinz
Hello Heinz
Your English is much better than my German :) 
You should find some German friends here who you can share news with using the Personal Message system but I hope you will share some with us all too.

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2009, 11:55:47 PM »
Dear New Members,

It is a pleasure to have your company. Please remember that we do not read your postings to see if you have good English. We are simply interested in you, your plants, your garden, your comments, your stories and it seems to me you are all well able to tell us about these important things.

Please start posting. Postings from other countries makes this forum so very interesting. When I log on here I can see what people in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, America, and many other place in the world are growing and I can see plants I would never see otherwise. Your contributions will be very welcome here and we look forward to reading more from you.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2009, 07:54:55 AM »
As a quick follow up to Paddy's excellent welcome ... it is so easy to post images with little or no additional text ... we only need to know your location and/or the name of the featured plant.  We would welcome any contributions to this magnificent forum.  Thanks Paddy.

Dear New Members,

It is a pleasure to have your company. Please remember that we do not read your postings to see if you have good English. We are simply interested in you, your plants, your garden, your comments, your stories and it seems to me you are all well able to tell us about these important things.

Please start posting. Postings from other countries makes this forum so very interesting. When I log on here I can see what people in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, America, and many other place in the world are growing and I can see plants I would never see otherwise. Your contributions will be very welcome here and we look forward to reading more from you.

Paddy
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal