We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC forum member - informal poll  (Read 13458 times)

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
Re: SRGC forum member - informal poll
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2009, 03:33:39 PM »
Nice to see new members active and You have already been welcomed by other but You have my welcome as well.  ;D
I think that most people are very forgiving for any errors in English if the message is interesting. As You might have seen there can be misunderstandings even between native English speakers from different countries but these are easily solved.
Participate and enjoy the nice spirit.

Regarding the forum I found it through a search for hepatica and I joined almost instantly (the forum) and posted about a thing a new. I later chose to become a member of the SRGC as well since the forum is such a good place to be. The great magazine became a nice bonus when I saw it and I enjoys it a lot.

All the best
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Heinz Meyer

• Juttas Staudengarten
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2009, 05:58:33 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome, my English is not as good, but there are very good translation programs on the Internet.

Greetings!
         Heinz
Heinz Meyer, Northwest of Germany Zone 7 b - 8 a

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2009, 08:06:12 PM »
A warm welcome too, from those of us in the southern hemisphere.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

kaydale

• Bulb Fanatic
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2009, 05:27:16 AM »
I joined the SRGC when I was about 15 (13 yrs ago).  Mainly for the seed exchange because I love growing rare bulbs.  I got life membership about five years ago.  But didn't find the forum until three or four years ago.  Lurked alot and posted a bit.  Still more a lurker than a poster. ;D
Lesley
From the best part of Australia
North West Tasmania

arillady

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2009, 08:52:38 AM »
Have only just noticed this thread - head in the sand I guess at times.
Yes Lesley NW Tasmania is lovely - reminded me of NZ. I joined the forum after someone mentioned it and found others I knew from the gardening world of friends. I felt uneasy that I was contributing to the forum so I joined the SRGC - especially for the seed exchange and the wonderful members that this society seems to have and of course for the journal information as well. This forum seems to be the most active, with the most knowledgeable members over a vast array of plant subjects.
Pat T
Pat Toolan,
Keyneton,
South Australia

fleurbleue

• les Jardins des Grims
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
I agree totally with you Pat and I am happy an english speaker tells all these words instead of me  :D
Nicole, Sud Est France,  altitude 110 m    Zone 8

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2009, 09:59:13 PM »
the site came up in searches, and i have had a couple of articles etc saved for a couple of years; i think the forum also came up in searches, and i had seen it mentioned by kristl in other places, plus i had a link or two forwarded to me by kristl;
i'd meant to join the forum for a while, but hadnt due to heavy involvement in some other online groups (several yahoo groups-cacti and succulents, indoor gardening  etc)..

still hoping to find some elusive contacts in or near my area or at least climate, and always enjoy lots of stuff thats outside my area, so finally got around to registering in the forum yesterday..
not, thus far, a paid member of the group..
cohan

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal