We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Ivycroft Plants, Ivington Green.  (Read 3103 times)

Rob

Ivycroft Plants, Ivington Green.
« on: February 11, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »
I went to Ivycroft Plants at Ivington Green, near Leominster, this afternoon so I thought I’d share some photos.

I’ve saturated the colours in the photos, let me know if they’re too unnatural looking.

It was really pleasant looking around the nursery, the sun popped out for a few minutes but there was also a light breeze, just enough to make it feel chilly and to blow the flowers around, making most of my close up photos blurred.

Roger has got a great selection of snowdrops on display in the garden and also for sale in the nursery section, it’s well worth a visit.

The nursery plants all look really well grown and not adversely affected by the weather this year.

Roger was also happy to chat about snowdrops, twin scaling, etc which you don’t get if you just buy mail order.

There were also lots of other plants for sale, some nice silver leaved cyclamen, both hederifolium and coum, and some narcissus cyclamineus in bud.

I wish I could have filled one of the plastic trays with my purchases, but I did come away with a couple of special snowdrops.

Photos:
Roger Norman
Galanthus Sandersii
Galanthus Bill Clarke
Galanthus Modern Art

Midlands, United Kingdom

Paddy Tobin

Re: Ivycroft Plants, Ivington Green.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:37:40 PM »
Rob, I like his apple trees. Nice shots, well-saturated. Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

KentGardener

• SRGC OOAgent
  • Every day's a school day
Re: Ivycroft Plants, Ivington Green.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 04:59:07 AM »
Thanks for the virtual tour Rob.  Ivycroft is somewhere I have never visited in person so it is great to see your pictures.  Roger had said that his sandersii were doing particularly well - but wow!   :o
John

John passed away in 2017 - his posts remain here in tribute to his friendship and contribution to the forum.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal