We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Podophyllum leaves  (Read 4821 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Podophyllum leaves
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2010, 12:30:56 AM »
You and Angie go ahead Maggi. It will take time for me to think of a suitable sandwich filling. ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2010, 07:52:56 AM »
Well that's wonderful, to have a method of propagation which guarantees an exact copy of a good (or huge) form. When will your Podophyllum forest be open to the public Graham? ;D And will there be a teahouse?

No room for a tea house Lesley, the plants take up too much room. ;)
Graham

So we'll have to bring our own cake? :o
I was shocked to begin with , Lesley, but it looks a lovely garden so I'm prepared to bring a flask of tea, some sandwiches and cake, too... I think Angela will drive me down there... what date is best for you, or should we wait for Graham to invite us? ;D
Could we wait till just after Alpines 2011? ;D
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Graham Catlow

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2010, 08:56:41 PM »
Well that's wonderful, to have a method of propagation which guarantees an exact copy of a good (or huge) form. When will your Podophyllum forest be open to the public Graham? ;D And will there be a teahouse?

No room for a tea house Lesley, the plants take up too much room. ;)
Graham

So we'll have to bring our own cake? :o
I was shocked to begin with , Lesley, but it looks a lovely garden so I'm prepared to bring a flask of tea, some sandwiches and cake, too... I think Angela will drive me down there... what date is best for you, or should we wait for Graham to invite us? ;D
Could we wait till just after Alpines 2011? ;D
cheers
fermi

Four in the garden all at the same time - thats a crowd. You may have to decide whose going to sit on whose shoulders. ;D
Graham
Bo'ness. Scotland

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2010, 10:17:46 PM »
I think Fermi and I had better be on the lower layer. Oh no, dammit, I won't be there. Another time maybe. ???
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

angie

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 12:37:07 AM »
I am missing something here...teas and cake...Maggi I will drive you anywhere if there is a cake at the other end.

Graham Maggi and I are small people so we wont take up much room in your garden ::) ::) ;D

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26:57 AM »
An update on the Podophyllum pleianthum seedlings that sprouted in March.   They are picking up steam in this warm weather and the cotyledons are finally starting to wither.  The seedlings in large communal pots are much bigger than those transplanted into single pots.

johnw
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:29:13 AM by johnw »
John in coastal Nova Scotia

t00lie

• Style Icon
  • If i'm not at home i'll be in the mountains.
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 10:37:29 AM »
An update on the Podophyllum pleianthum seedlings that sprouted in March.

johnw

They have grown well John.

A couple pics of Podophyllum pleianthum sown May 08 ---sorry can't remember when they germinated ----Anyway i finally got round to potting up about a dozen plants in April of this year for swops later on and placed them outside in a sheltered spot on the edge of the bush.

Interestingly while all my other Podos sps in the garden have died down weeks ago for the winter ,these seedlings have continued to grow.

Cheers dave.

Dave Toole. Invercargill bottom of the South Island New Zealand. Zone 9 maritime climate 1100mm rainfall pa.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal