We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: YES!!! The "I'm So Happy!" thread - 2011  (Read 92534 times)

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
Re: YES!!! The "I'm So Happy!" thread - 2011
« Reply #345 on: April 22, 2011, 11:58:44 AM »
No problem here with Leylandii, we had a professional gardener ??? a few years ago who went round the town and cut everyone one of them down  to 6ft. They are all dead now and I am delighted,I was so excited when I saw the good job he was doing that I hadn't the heart to point out his mistake. Unfortunately he killed all to good conifers as well,cut them all into nice fancy shapes. ::)

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #346 on: April 22, 2011, 01:17:33 PM »
::) ::) According to today's newspaper the Danes are the happiest people in the world,  followed closely by Canadians.  Obviously this poll was not done during the winter of 2010/2011. ???

Another interesting tidbit on the radio last night, David Cameron has appointed 100+ new lords since taking office, bringing the total to +/-831. Any forumists amongst this distinguished lot?

johnw
More lords appointed than by any other (post war?) prime minister. Jobs for the boys. Rewarding your friends/cronies/paymasters. Nepotism? Call it what you will. Where's that guy when you need him? What's his name again? Ah yes, Fawks!  ::)
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

angie

« Reply #347 on: April 22, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »
Just to end a lovely day by saying I am so happy that I joined this forum. Today I had some lovely members visit my garden.  Folks from near and far. My garden in nothing special and to have members from as far as Australia and New- Zealand visit is great, something that I will remember for a long time. Maybe one day before I get to old I can make the journey to see their wonderful gardens and meet them all again.
I just think it is great to have made so many friends on this forum and to meet them personally was the icing on the cake.
Thanks to everyone for a wonderful day. Even the sun was shining today.
Looking forward to seeing and hearing all about the rest of your wonderful journey soon.

Angie :)
ps Maggi thanks for making this a great forum  :-*

Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

SusanS

« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2011, 11:05:29 AM »
Hi Angie,

I think it is about time you had a good look at your garden with a fresh pair of eyes.  :)  From the photos you have posted on the forum your garden looks fantastic and is certainly special.  I think most of us take our own gardens for granted and don't give them the praise, or recognition, they deserve.  :D

On being praised about our gardens I bet there are very few on the forum that haven't replied with the phrase " It's a shame you didn't see it last week  - it looked much better then"  :-X

Glad you had a great day.
Susan
Darren's t'other half

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »
Angie,
you are way too modest!
Thanks for letting us see your garden and all the work you and Derek have done. I know you get a lot of joy out of your garden and we really enjoyed seeing it with you.
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

angie

« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2011, 09:51:01 PM »
Hi Susan

I always see other gardens looking prefect and wish I had my garden looking like that. I love gardening and I am not knowledgeable and make hundreds of mistakes but I do enjoy every minute I am out there. I just like my garden because it has so many things in it that were from family and friends, and they all have a little story to tell.
It's funny that saying, Its a shame you didn't see it last week, it looked much better. Every garden I have visited the owners have always said that.
I can imagine your garden is looking lovely, Darren has posted some amazing plants lately. Maybe one day I could visit it.

Hi Fermi
Thanks, that's really nice of you saying you enjoyed your visit. You are too nice. Derek said sorry he missed you. He finished my wall this evening, so I said I dont mind him going down to the golf driving range for a hour  ;D
Enjoy the rest of you holiday.

Angie T.

KK-Ann Arbor

« Reply #351 on: April 26, 2011, 12:23:22 AM »
I was so happy that with a few teasers and set backs, it seems that spring has finally decided to stay in Michigan.  Buds on Trilliums and Erythroniums are swelling. Hepatics in pots were in full bloom over the Easter weekend.  It looks like this will be the spring that everything blooms all at once.  I was even able to take pictures of Jeffersonia diphylla just opening up.  Last year, they all bloomed and finished on one very warm day and I did not even get to take the pictures.

I just love this time of the year.  Makes me so happy!

1-3 Hepatica acutiloba
4-5 Hepatica americana
6  Jeffersonia diphylla
7 Dicentra cucularia
in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - USDA Zone 5a

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #352 on: April 28, 2011, 05:41:26 AM »
I've got my DOC permit to keep and breed NZ lizards and will get my first from a breeder next week! 8)

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #353 on: April 29, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »
Just popped out to the shops, flags and bunting everywhere ... I hadn't even realised that the World Cup had come around again!!!? ??? ??? ::) :P :o :-*
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 03:41:24 PM by ranunculus »
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #354 on: April 29, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »
Hot off the press ... the first image of the happy couple ...

Seriously, hearty congratulations to them both. I didn't intend watching the television today, but I must say that they did the nation proud and that dress was beautiful!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:44:18 PM by ranunculus »
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

angie

« Reply #355 on: April 29, 2011, 07:53:10 PM »
Cliff I agree. She has such a genuine smile. The sun was shining and normally I am out in the garden but I just wanted to see the dress and she didn't disappoint.

Angie T.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #356 on: April 30, 2011, 06:46:52 AM »
I see Princess Beatrice had Paul the octopus stuffed and made into a hat! :o

arillady

« Reply #357 on: April 30, 2011, 07:29:12 AM »
Yes that hat was awful - wonder it stayed on.
Would hate to be a gardeners near the palace as it looked like some of the plantings might have to be replaced.
Some of the camera angles in the cathedral were pretty amazing.
Pat Toolan,
Keyneton,
South Australia

KentGardener

• SRGC OOAgent
  • Every day's a school day
« Reply #358 on: April 30, 2011, 07:53:58 AM »
I was very happy yesterday  ;D (but for reason have a very sore head and dry mouth today!)

(and that hat!  Think she was trying to look like lady gaga)

John

John passed away in 2017 - his posts remain here in tribute to his friendship and contribution to the forum.

angie

« Reply #359 on: April 30, 2011, 08:13:03 AM »
John love the pictures. Looks as if you were all having a great time. Proud to be British I think.

Angie T.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal