We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: YES!!! The "I'm So Happy!" thread - 2011  (Read 87136 times)

angie

Re: YES!!! The "I'm So Happy!" thread - 2011
« Reply #825 on: November 11, 2011, 11:03:01 PM »
I am putting this in he happy thread as I have had over fourteen years of fun, cuddles and walkies from my golden retriever Benson. But sadly this morning I had to say goodbye. Still got him near as I buried him in my pony paddock.  Nobody to share my chocolate biscuits and marshmallows with anymore.  A friend that will be missed but will always be there in my memories. Always a happy friend to be around.

Angie  :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
« Reply #826 on: November 12, 2011, 01:49:16 AM »
Dear Angie,
this is such a brave post, I congratulate you and commiserate with you.  :)
Maren in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom - Zone 8

http://www.heritageorchids.co.uk/

Graham Catlow

« Reply #827 on: November 12, 2011, 07:04:16 AM »
Hi Angie,
We've talked about this day arriving for a little while now, and I feel for your loss. I am inspired by where you have put this post.
My commiserations.
Graham
Bo'ness. Scotland

angie

« Reply #828 on: November 12, 2011, 08:18:38 AM »
Thanks Maren and Graham

Was up early this morning no Benson to share my biscuit with, so I had a walk over to his grave and gave him his biscuit and to check that he was ok, silly really. Yes I had a tear in my eye and the house is quiet but like I say I am happy that I had all those cuddles from him, all those years and he never looked for anything in return, well offcourse he did a biscuit was all he wanted.
Since I have lost so much of my family in such a little time I have looked at life as a celebration and not to look at death but the life of the loved one. Just lucky to live life with happiness.
It's just me and the other old boy ( hubbie ) now.

Be happy not sad.

Angie
Angie T.

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #829 on: November 12, 2011, 08:40:04 AM »
Keep that resolute chin up Angie ...
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #830 on: November 12, 2011, 08:51:16 AM »
Wow. That picture is stunning, and hopefully says what the rest of us struggle to put into words, but are thinking.
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #831 on: November 12, 2011, 08:52:48 AM »
Angie, sorry to hear of the death of your dog. We do become attached to them. A suggestion: plant a nice tree where he is buried; it will remain as a good marker and reminder.

Cliff, the Eiger? Good image.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

daveyp1970

• bulbs and corms you've got to love them.
« Reply #832 on: November 12, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »
Wow. That picture is stunning, and hopefully says what the rest of us struggle to put into words, but are thinking.
I couldn't agree more.Lovely Pic Cliff.Sorry for your loss Angie,i don't want to say goodbye to my dog but one day i know i will :'(.
tuxford
Nottinghamshire

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #833 on: November 12, 2011, 11:42:08 AM »
Angie,

Sorry to hear that your Benson has gone, it really isn't easy, is it?  I posted earlier up in the members area that our 16 1/2 yo Maltese (my avatar) went about 6 weeks ago, but I wasn't up here on the forums at the time.  Our little one is now under a lovely red Geranium at the bottom of our front stairs, so we walk by her every time we enter the house.  She'll be well remembered.  8)  Glad to hear that you gave Benson his biscuit this morning..... can't have him going hungry.  ;)

All the best at this tough time.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

angie

« Reply #834 on: November 12, 2011, 07:41:03 PM »
Thanks everyone and thank you Cliff for that beautiful picture.
Today after returning from the AGM at Perth the first thing I noticed was the quietin the house. No husband, that's nothing unusual but the dog was always there to follow me into the kitchen. Sat and had a coffee and a biscuit no Benson staring at me with that look saying mum I am here. Yes he will be missed but like I say I am happy that I had all those years of fun and cuddles.

Do you know what is the best thing ? It's all my really lovely friends that I have here. Life is sometimes depressing for us all at times but I don't know what like it is for you folks but when I am on this forum and reading what everyone is doing and seeing all the lovely flowers the day brightens up. What a great bunch you lot are. I hope someday I will meet everyone of you  :-*

Angie  :)
Angie T.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #835 on: November 12, 2011, 07:51:47 PM »
I've just tuned in here to discover Angela's post...... I too was at the AGM today and had little chance to speak with her.... but I notived she was not her usual sparkling self..... now I know why.

You're very brave Angela and you know that Ian and I can sympathise very much with your loss. I had a marvelous walk around the airport at Perth today with the small whites, who were really enjoying the sun and ploutering in the mud......I know that the pleasure of their company will not last forever, but the joy of their companionship will do.
 Sad to hear about little Elf's passing too, Paul. She did make good old bones though, bless her wee soul.

Tragically, the dog of another forumist was lost recently  in a traffic accident at a young age.... I think his devastated owner is still too shocked to speak of it, but there is, I hope, as Angela has said, a chance that the sympathy and understanding of friends here hhelps a little to ease the sore hearts.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
« Reply #836 on: November 12, 2011, 08:01:39 PM »
Angie,

go and get yourself another one. He won't replace Benson, but he will fill a void, make a noise, beg for a biscuit, enjoy your cuddles and soon be loved just as much. :) :) :)
Maren in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom - Zone 8

http://www.heritageorchids.co.uk/

angie

« Reply #837 on: November 12, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »
Maren not sure if I will get another dog. I have never been without a pet of some kiind. At one time I had a golden retriever, four cats, two Shetland ponies and a parrot, oh I forgot I have over fifty fish in the pond.
I think because I wasn't able to have children I felt that animals would be a good subsitute. On good thing there never give me the worry and expensive that some patents have. I have mentioned on the forum before that I have a stray cat that I have fed and given a bed in my shed for over a year, not a friendly cat but well fed. He hasn't been back for over a week and I fear that something is wrong but fingers crossed he is just away on a wee holiday.

Maggi if I new that two white cuddly babies were with you I would have pinched them, well only for a little time.

To the member that had lost their doggie I am so sorry. When you lose a pet due to old age it isnt as hard as losing a pet that was ill or has been in a accident.  I wish I could help but we animal lovers will know how you are hurting.

Angie
Angie T.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #838 on: November 12, 2011, 08:29:35 PM »
All sorts of nice dogs looking for a good home...... http://www.dawgs.co.uk/docs/dogs.php

This is where Lily and Poppy came from  :)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

angie

« Reply #839 on: November 12, 2011, 08:55:58 PM »
Maggi I have filed this link. I dare not look at it as I know exactly what would happen.
Give your babies a big cuddle tonight.

Angie :)
Angie T.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal