We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011  (Read 75769 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011
« Reply #330 on: June 23, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »
Stevbe, I think that unless you use that AIM messaging service then you have "mucked up " the set up in your profile..... I'm using Firefox right now which doesn't recognise the click in the way Mark describes. You can just remove jandals from that forunm profile section andthen click change profile to delete it.

Little running figures distress me too.... like you, I am built more for comfort than speed... waddlers of the world unite, eh?!!  8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

jandals

• the waddleler
« Reply #331 on: June 23, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »
Thanks Maggie . Unfortunately I don't know much about AIM and wasn't Firefox on the Thunderbirds . I have had a wee play and if the running man chooses to stay there then its his problem . Waddling is definitely the way to go in fact , I feel a song coming on 
  "I'm the waddleler
   Yes I'm the waddleler
   I am so round yes so round
   and so close to the ground..."
 ;D ;D ;D
seed picker from Balclutha NZ

angie

« Reply #332 on: June 23, 2011, 07:06:47 PM »
Lesley have you made a doctors appointment. Bit worried.

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
  • faster than a speeding...... snowdrop
« Reply #333 on: June 23, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »
I should imagine Lesley's gone into hospital by now for scans and other tests, so we're unlikely to hear anything more from her directly for at least a day or two. From her description of the symptoms, I expect they'd want to keep her in for a while.
Martin Baxendale, Gloucestershire, UK.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #334 on: June 23, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
Thanks everyone so very much for your concerns. I've had a couple of PMs as well and it's wonderful to know I have good friends out there. I feel fine now and have had no further episodes though I'm getting (mild) headaches which is unusual for me. It's probably just stress; there's a lot of that around here at present, various causes. However I have made an appointment with my doc but the soonest I can see my own, rather than someone else in the same practice, is July 6th. If it happens again in the meantime I'll be down the road to the surgery in double quick time, I promise.

As for hospital tests Martin, a couple of days in bed would be great but I'm too busy. ;D All those Galanthus seeds to sow, which arrived yesterday. My warmest thanks for them. :-*

I even made a chocolate cake yesterday. What a stupid thing that was to do. ??? I'll put the recipe on the Cooks' Corner as it's the best I've ever tasted I think. It was on the paper the half kg of butter was wrapped in.

I love everyone here. :)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

angie

« Reply #335 on: June 23, 2011, 10:23:39 PM »
We love you too, so look after yourself :-*

Angie  :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
« Reply #336 on: June 23, 2011, 10:31:50 PM »
Looks like I was wrong. Have to say I'm surprised, Lesley. My mum had a mild stroke recently and was in hospital for two nights for scans and tests. She found one day that every now and then she couldn't get out what she wanted to say - milder symptoms than what you describe. Maybe it's that experience that makes me worry and feel that having some tests done would be the safe thing to do. Did you tell them at the surgery what the symptoms were? Sorry to sound bossy and opinionated. Just concerned. Mild strokes are of course completely treatable these days, so my mum's now fine.

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #337 on: June 23, 2011, 10:43:06 PM »
Just read all the above...  :-\
Do take care of yourself Lesley !!
We don't want anything scary to happen to you !
All the best !  :-*
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
« Reply #338 on: June 23, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »
Lesley, glad the snowdrop seeds arrived okay. Hope they germinate okay for you. Give them a good soak after sowing and don't let them dry out completely for prolonged periods and hopefully they should be okay. Not sure how they'll respond to your winter cold without a warm, moist summer first. Maybe the cold will make them germinate in your spring without a warm summer period. Be interesting to hear what happens, so please let me know. Presumably you had the same situation with Hubi's galanthus nivalis seed arriving in your autumn/winter. What happened there? Did they germinate the next spring, or did you have to wait a full year or more? And what about my corydalis seed? When did that germinate? Interested to know how sowing followed by immediate cold affects bulb seed germination.

And sorry to go on about the doctor stuff again, but are you really sure it wouldn't be a good idea to see someone sooner than the 6th, at least in the hope that it might rule out more serious worries and put your mind at rest?

Take care.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2011, 11:38:19 PM »
I hate to be a bossy boots and nag you, but I'm with Martin on this... the 6th July seems a long time to wait. It may only be something easily put right, like an infection and the sooner that's done the better.
Think on, Lesley....take care  :-* :-*
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:39:59 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

jandals

• the waddleler
« Reply #340 on: June 23, 2011, 11:47:37 PM »
 It has been interesting to watch the internet at work since I joined the forum . One big family of happy gardeners showing , telling and caring . Thanks for  being there to advise Lesley and please take their advice Lesley . You had better stay well or I will forced to come up the hill and have a cuppa :)
seed picker from Balclutha NZ

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #341 on: June 23, 2011, 11:51:38 PM »
I second that. You may wish to see a friendly face at the surgery, sometimes it can be someone who is new to you that can get to the root of the problem, should there be one, by taking a fresh look. As Maggi says, take care, and that means take it easier.
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #342 on: June 24, 2011, 12:57:38 AM »
Lesley - Excuse my frankness but it is presently 11:52 am Dunedin time and so you have no excuse now with all the sound advice given to get to your doctor or emergency today.  Have Roger or a co-worker take you.  A blackout like yours should be looked into immediately. Please drop everything (except the Shortia pot) and heed the advice of all.

johnw
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:38:30 AM by johnw »
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #343 on: June 24, 2011, 09:37:40 AM »
Lesley do take heed of all our concerns and, as my mother was apt to say at such times, go to the doctors and "Put a squib up their bum" so you we all get some satisfaction :-*
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

alpines

• Alan's the one with the beard
    • The Alpine Garden
« Reply #344 on: June 24, 2011, 03:24:17 PM »
Dear Lesley....I've been locked out of the forum for the last two days so only just seen this thread. Firstly, get well soon...that's an order. Secondly, please don't procrastinate on health issues. two reasons. One, if it is something serious then the sooner it is seen to the better and Two, if it isn't serious, then why put yourself through the uncertainty. I'm with everyone else on this....head for ER and let them do tests.
Look after yourself, you are in our prayers.
A&S
Alan & Sherba Grainger
in beautiful Berea, Kentucky, USA. Zone 6
www.thealpinegarden.com
www.KentuckyFlora.com

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal