We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011  (Read 74656 times)

zephirine

• zeph's garden blog
Re: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011
« Reply #360 on: June 26, 2011, 06:50:56 AM »
Lesley, you made the right decision, and I'll think of you all day, waiting for good news, I hope. You know what? You gave me courage to go and have that lung X-ray yesterday. I had been postponing it for weeks...nothing wrong, thanks heaven. I'll pray that it is just the same for you.
Between Lyon and Grenoble/France -1500 ft above sea level - USDA zone 7B

Susan

• Shoe Pixie
« Reply #361 on: June 26, 2011, 08:12:54 AM »
Bullying Lesley? Moi?  Slight ticking off maybe......raised voice  - maybe, but bullying?

Susan
Dunedin, New Zealand

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #362 on: June 26, 2011, 08:57:29 AM »
This is good news, Lesley... better safe than sorry... hope the scan proves clear.

I'm not a great one for doctors but sometimes it just is necessary ! Well done for taking action.  :-* :-*

Hear, hear.  Hope the news is good tomorrow Lesley...I can't believe we actually bullied coaxed you into action, but if we did it's a good thing, better safe than sorry  ::) ::)
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

angie

« Reply #363 on: June 26, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »
Lesley it's amazing what us bunch can do on this forum  ::) ;D it's just that we care.
My husband says sometimes to me,  stop going on but I always say the day I don't bother is the day I don't care about you so be warned   ;D
Take care.

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #364 on: June 26, 2011, 10:06:05 AM »
Good decision Lesley, all the best.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
  • faster than a speeding...... snowdrop
« Reply #365 on: June 26, 2011, 12:06:48 PM »
The original posting on this matter relates to a lack of responsibility on the part of the two individuals. It has nothing to do with family values or education. IMHO.

Alan, sorry if I wasn't clear but I was talking in a general sense about the problem of young people ending up in bad life situations, rather than about the two specific people Mark mentions, who I don't know personally and don't feel qualified to judge in the way that Mark might. I just feel in a general sense that there's a moral duty to give all children the best possible start in life and equip them as best as possible for what life will throw at them and help them to avoid making bad life decisions. I appreciate that many people have a disadvantaged start in life and manage to overcome that but not everyone manages to pull themselves up by the bootstraps.

Martin Baxendale, Gloucestershire, UK.

alpines

• Alan's the one with the beard
    • The Alpine Garden
« Reply #366 on: June 26, 2011, 01:27:37 PM »
The original posting on this matter relates to a lack of responsibility on the part of the two individuals. It has nothing to do with family values or education. IMHO.

I just feel in a general sense that there's a moral duty to give all children the best possible start in life and equip them as best as possible for what life will throw at them and help them to avoid making bad life decisions.

Martin et al,
Totally agree with you. I just have this propensity to jump on my soapbox when low income families and unemployment are blamed for the world's ills. Nothing personal you understand.
Best
Alan
Alan & Sherba Grainger
in beautiful Berea, Kentucky, USA. Zone 6
www.thealpinegarden.com
www.KentuckyFlora.com

alpines

• Alan's the one with the beard
    • The Alpine Garden
« Reply #367 on: June 26, 2011, 01:29:52 PM »
.......so on Friday night went to emergency clinic in town and they had me into hospital quickly for a scan. I don't know the results yet but am to go to the hospital again tomorrow morning (Monday).

Good luck with your tests Lesley. I'm sure you'll have peace of mind after the tests.
A&S
Alan & Sherba Grainger
in beautiful Berea, Kentucky, USA. Zone 6
www.thealpinegarden.com
www.KentuckyFlora.com

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
« Reply #368 on: June 26, 2011, 02:22:34 PM »

I just feel in a general sense that there's a moral duty to give all children the best possible start in life and equip them as best as possible for what life will throw at them and help them to avoid making bad life decisions.

Martin et al,
Totally agree with you. I just have this propensity to jump on my soapbox when low income families and unemployment are blamed for the world's ills. Nothing personal you understand.
Best
Alan

No problem, Alan. I certainly don't believe in demonising low-income families. And I tend to jump on my soapbox pretty quickly too.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:59:34 PM by Martin Baxendale »

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #369 on: June 27, 2011, 10:59:28 PM »
Back to Neurology Dept, had to wait around for a long time, but that's typical.

Professor with medical student in attendance. Scan shows nothing sinister - no sign of tumour, embolism, stroke or anything they're concerned about. Suggested that stress is probably the problem and told me to take a holiday (yeah right). Also to keep appointment with own doc on July 6th which I will - and get a thorough check up. No medication prescribed, told to take paracetemol for continuing headaches. So - nothing to worry about. I asked about Alzheimer's onset and he said "if half the staff around here had as few symptoms as you show, I'd be a lot less worried." I took this to be a joke. ::)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

maggiepie

« Reply #370 on: June 27, 2011, 11:05:42 PM »
Lesley, sounds like a good result for you.
Maybe you can lie around with young Teddy a bit more often with the feet up.
I wish you could join up for Tai Chi classes, I can guarantee that would help relax and give you a sense of well being.

Helen Poirier , Australia

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #371 on: June 27, 2011, 11:08:01 PM »
Thank goodness for that Lesley. Much better to have your  ( and our!!!) mind put at rest now and then get a regular check up on the 6th. I think I just heard a large collective Forum sigh of relief that you scan was clear.
Make an extra ten minutes a day to sit with a cuppa and cuddle Teddy.... it's good for you!

We can get Cliff and David making jokes now about whether or not a brain might be found on a scan of
most Forumists...... :-X

Aha! was just about to post this when I saw Helen's message.... two minds with but a single thought... to cuddle Teddy! Helen understands these things, she has that beautiful Cat of hers to reduce her blood pressure.  8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #372 on: June 27, 2011, 11:12:36 PM »
If you can't take a holiday, Lesley, have a look at these canine chums enjoying their beach break.... I was sent this link by a chum... it is rather fun....
YouTube - A doggy  summer  http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=pkPNa4DBFHI
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
« Reply #373 on: June 27, 2011, 11:31:56 PM »
Excellent news, Lesley. Now stop lazing around and get those bloody snowdrop seeds sown!

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #374 on: June 28, 2011, 01:51:18 AM »
I've already done that Martin. I have my priorities right.

If my problem has been stress, it's only getting worse. Teddy has had a sore ear for a couple of days so yesterday before I went into town I took him to the vet and that little episode cost me $305!!!!! He has two lots of pills to take (antibiotic and something else) and some drops to apply. He literally had to be muzzled and tied down at the vet's and she's such a nice person too but Teddy wasn't having any. Back on Thursday to see how he's coming along so I guess that will be another $100. Where's the national health when you need it?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:00:56 AM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal