We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011  (Read 74539 times)

maggiepie

Re: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011
« Reply #570 on: August 10, 2011, 01:38:15 PM »
Good luck, Cliff, am sure your sense of humour will help get you through the ordeal.
Helen Poirier , Australia

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #571 on: August 10, 2011, 01:40:06 PM »
Cliff, I do admire your intestinal fortitude for going back for a second round after your horrible experiences with the first eye.  I know it is the sensible thing to do but it can't have been an easy decision.
We'll all hope that things go rather better this time and that your skewed vison of the world is soon quite out of synch with your skewed sense of humour!

Lots of love and kisses,
 Maggi xxx
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #572 on: August 10, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »
Best wishes, Cliff. Hope all goes well and that you will be seeing all things clearly in the near future. Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

alpines

• Alan's the one with the beard
    • The Alpine Garden
« Reply #573 on: August 10, 2011, 03:41:02 PM »
Hey Cliff...... (is that one 'eye', or two )
Best of luck Buddy. We're sure you'll  r'eyes' to the occasion. If you feel like recuperating in the backwoods of Kentucky, now would be a good time to see our garden. Looks much better through blurred vision.
Seriously now......we know how traumatic it was the last time, so good on you for braving it. Our prayers are with you for a full and speedy recovery.
Hugs an kisses, love and so much more from the Bluegrass Brit Boy & Brit Girl.
Alan & Sherba Grainger
in beautiful Berea, Kentucky, USA. Zone 6
www.thealpinegarden.com
www.KentuckyFlora.com

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #574 on: August 10, 2011, 04:23:04 PM »
OK, that's it, folks ... enough!  Can't go to the operating theatre with tears (rhymes with 'ears" not 'airs') in my eyes ... many, many thanks to you all.
x
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #575 on: August 10, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
They're just trying to butter you up Cliff. ;D
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #576 on: August 10, 2011, 10:00:14 PM »
They're just trying to butter you up Cliff. ;D

My (butter) cup runneth over, Anthony!   ;D
Cliff Booker

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #577 on: August 10, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »
Keep smiling Cliff. All the best mate I think you're very brave.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #578 on: August 10, 2011, 10:12:03 PM »
............ It's the favourite thing of everyone over 60............

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No it isn't.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #579 on: August 10, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
My very best wishes too Cliff. I hope it all goes well and you'll be able to see forever, on the dull days as well as the clear ones. Much love.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Panu

« Reply #580 on: August 12, 2011, 11:06:06 PM »
Maybe this should be under weather topic, but I´m waiting for the summer´s first night frost  >:( Hopefully Im wrong and we have "warm" late summer and autumn as last year.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #581 on: August 13, 2011, 11:53:08 AM »
I learnt a new word this week: Hoon. Poor Heidi has been in the wars. She came back after her walk on THursday and I noticed thumb nail size red spots all over the carpet. A quick check and I found very deep 15mm long glass cut in her right toe of her right paw. A trip to the vet and some sterile super glue and a bandage and she seems to be okay. This morning I removed the glass from four broken bottles in the dried grass at the base of one of the ornamental walls. She was back at the vet today to have her bandage changed. Clearly some morons have had drinks whilst sitting on the nearest seat and just thrown the empties at the wall. >:( I will use the word hoon to describe these cretins as it seems to be used for that purpose here. Meanwhile, Heidi has to take life slowly until Thursday, otherwise the cut will reopen and she'll need stitches. :( She has a hospital drip bag to put over her foot to keep the bandage dry on her walks. This morning I picked up the bag and she immediately sat and raised her paw.
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #582 on: August 14, 2011, 01:53:11 AM »
A very good and well-trained dog Anthony. I'm so sorry to hear of Heidi's injuries and I hope all goes well with her recovery. You're right, "hoon" is used here for the idiots who behave badly in various ways, especially with alcohol and in cars, acting without care for others and giving not a damn about what pain or damage are caused.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #583 on: August 14, 2011, 01:59:15 AM »
My current moan is just a small inconvenience really. After last night's weather forecast (heavy snow in the south maybe for 3 or 4 days) I took a quick trip to Mosgiel to get some bread as we were on the last loaf from the freezer. Found everyone had actually believed the forecast and there was no bread to be found anywhere in 2 supermarkets, various dairies and service stations. They had all co-operated with each other and phoned around so that the shoppers hadn't needed to ask at every one. No bread since lunchtime. They don't get any more on a Sunday and if the snow really gets going there will be none on Monday, maybe Tuesday as all Dunedin's bread comes from Christchurch or north and the motorways will likely be closed for a time at least. Roger's been threatening to get out his breadmaker for some time. Now he has to do it.

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #584 on: August 14, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »
Thanks for the very kind thoughts, folks.
Well, the op' is over and seemingly successful,  but it was actually more painful and lasted far longer than the first experience.  It appears that I have particularly long pupils that require deep injections to numb and anaesthetise, it is this depth that created the need for extra plunges with the needle and extra pressure to particular spots.  The anaesthetist was quite open about the pain he would cause (as opposed to last time when his counterpart insisted it wouldn't hurt), and I gripped the table/bed to stop any jumping (in vain I might add). Only one in seventy have such long pupils it seems and they are usually the only ones to suffer during cataract surgery - I hope my children and grandchildren haven't inherited that particular gene.
I am actually typing this with the assistance (!) of a giant magnifying glass - not ideal, but useful until I can get the all clear to visit my optician for reading glasses in four weeks time.
My distance vision is now superb and will make the pain worthwhile in the long run - I had forgotten how clear and colourful this beautiful world really was (and how ugly the fires and riots)!
Thanks so much for the concern and the support, it was and still is greatly appreciated.
Cliff Booker

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal