We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011  (Read 74528 times)

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
Re: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011
« Reply #825 on: December 14, 2011, 10:08:43 PM »
It would have been the highlight of her Christmas morning (after the morning kiss from me of course!) ;D

Her only First Class male!  x
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #826 on: December 14, 2011, 10:12:36 PM »
At least you've got a letterbox in your door David. We have this brick pillar thing on the front lawn which the delivery people cycle past (over the grass) and push the letters in without slowing down. >:( This morning it is a quarter inch deep in water, so our mail is soaked. Fortunately the bottom item wasn't for us - not even the right street - so it's got most of the wetting. :(
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #827 on: December 14, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »
It would have been the highlight of her Christmas morning (after the morning kiss from me of course!) ;D

Her only First Class male!  x

Well, I'm not sure? ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #828 on: December 15, 2011, 03:29:46 AM »
So, a good day's shopping then David. I have several times waited more than long enough in a queue then simply put everything down and abandoned the lot. Usually in the supermarket at a busy time.  An infallible way to get attention though, it to hold your purchases firmly then make for the exit door. Someone will come immeditely!

No, in NZ we don't have mail delivered to the door, just to a letterbox usually at the front gate, or, in our case, a group of 7 of them at the end of the street (which, in fairness, is a country road). But if it's a parcel and too big to go in the box the rural delivery lady does bring it to the house and bangs on the door, such as the other day when my beautiful hanten arrived. I wish she wouldn't though, with boxes of plants. I've had to start having those delivered to a friend's address!
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #829 on: December 15, 2011, 09:26:24 AM »
I certainly appreciate the kindness and consideration of our local postman. Letters go into a box at the gate. Parcels will be put in the glasshouse or behind a pot at the door if we are away. It it strikes him as an important parcel he will leave it with our neighbours for safekeeping. All this to save us driving to the post office sorting office to collect it in person. If we are on holiday, he will keep the post in his van until we return.

Thoughtful people do still exist in this world.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #830 on: December 15, 2011, 11:06:28 AM »
...and well appreciated Paddy, and they don't do this for the money, it's because they are thoughtful and actually consider their customers! I can understand why the postman must deliver a letter with the wrong number to the address on the envelope, because that is what he is told to do! I can understand it, but it doesn't make it right. My Parents moved from Callander to Dunblane (12 miles away) in 1976. My mother once got a letter addressed :"Mrs Darby, moved from Callander"!
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

angie

« Reply #831 on: December 15, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »
Paddy my last postman sounds just like the one you have now. But they made him retire even though he wanted to carry on working. I used to put a bottle of whisky at the post box every year but this time I am not going to bother as all this new postie has done is moan and everything is a pain to do.
I wish my old postie would come back.
What really bugs me is there are so many folks out there that would love his job and have the feeling of a wage every week. They would have a smile on their face, not like this one  :-X

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #832 on: December 15, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
Can I come and be your postie Angie? I wouldn't moan about a thing. ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Darren

« Reply #833 on: December 16, 2011, 08:02:06 AM »
It is snowing.

YUK!!

>:( :(
Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Darren

« Reply #834 on: December 16, 2011, 10:36:02 AM »
Now it is snowing even more.

YUK with knobs on.

>:(

Many of my younger female colleagues seem to be mystifyingly excited about the snow. I guess i should be pleased that someone is happy about it.
Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
« Reply #835 on: December 16, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
It stopped snowing - hurrah!!! Perhaps now is the time to lay in some supplies if we get snowed in which we did last year. Ok, let's get started: booze, food, reading matter.....salt. ;D
Maren in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom - Zone 8

http://www.heritageorchids.co.uk/

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #836 on: December 16, 2011, 11:39:10 AM »
It stopped snowing - hurrah!!! Perhaps now is the time to lay in some supplies if we get snowed in which we did last year. Ok, let's get started: booze, food, reading matter.....salt. ;D

Butter, lard ...     ;D ;D
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Hoy

• Rogaland, Norway - We used to have mild winters!
« Reply #837 on: December 16, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »

YUK with knobs on.

Many of my younger female colleagues seem to be mystifyingly excited about the snow. I guess i should be pleased that someone is happy about it.

I would rather have snow than all this rain >:(

However, today I could see a strange sight, something round and yellow in the sky. Suddenly I could see what is around me! Anybody who knows what it is???
Trond Hoy, gardening on the rainy west coast of Norway.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #838 on: December 16, 2011, 05:19:49 PM »

YUK with knobs on.

I would rather have snow than all this rain >:(

However, today I could see a strange sight, something round and yellow in the sky. Suddenly I could see what is around me! Anybody who knows what it is???

Your neighbours have fitted a huge light in the garden?
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Hoy

• Rogaland, Norway - We used to have mild winters!
« Reply #839 on: December 16, 2011, 05:27:07 PM »
Could be, Maggi ;D Has to be one in the hills on the other side of the fjord, and it is a movable one! ..and shortliving, it disappeared a few hours ago :o
Trond Hoy, gardening on the rainy west coast of Norway.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal