We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011  (Read 75755 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011
« Reply #405 on: July 10, 2011, 10:41:07 PM »
We have no Arnica cream but I'll get some today. In the meantime he has a muscle relaxant, codeine for pain and also Voltaren suppositaries.  ::)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #406 on: July 11, 2011, 01:23:25 AM »
Ouch!
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

t00lie

• Style Icon
  • If i'm not at home i'll be in the mountains.
« Reply #407 on: July 11, 2011, 03:17:02 AM »
Voltaren suppositaries.  ::)

Ouch!

Hope someone in the household remembers to take off the foil wrapping otherwise it's a double ouch. :'( :'(  ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:32:44 AM by t00lie »
Dave Toole. Invercargill bottom of the South Island New Zealand. Zone 9 maritime climate 1100mm rainfall pa.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #408 on: July 11, 2011, 03:34:01 AM »
I have heard that, for the for the little amount of good they do, you might as well stick them up your bum! ::)

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #409 on: July 11, 2011, 05:12:21 AM »
This should cheer Roger up?

From Thomas Cook Holidays - listing some of the guests' complaints during the season.

1. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

2.  "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned

3. "On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry.  I don't like spicy food at all."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."

5. A tourist at a top African game lodge over looking a water hole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel "inadequate".

6. A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she'd been locked in by staff.  When in fact, she had mistaken the "do not disturb" sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.

7. "The beach was too sandy."

8. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."

9. A guest at a Novotel in Australia complained his soup was too thick and strong.  He was inadvertently slurping the gravy at the time.

10. "Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."

11. "We bought' Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five Euros from a street trader, only to find out they were fake."

12. "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."

13. "There was no egg slicer in the apartment..."

14. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish..."

15. "The roads were uneven.

16. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home."

17. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."

18. "The brochure stated:  'No hairdressers at the accommodation. We are trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying there?"

19.  "There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad'"

20. "We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."

21. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

22. "I was bitten by a mosquito - no-one said they could bite."

23. "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked." 

They walk amongst us . . . and they vote!

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #410 on: July 11, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »
Just for the record, it was the attending nurse (pre doctor) who recommended and applied the first suppositary and Roger said the pain began to ease after about 10 mins. They are certainly more effective - he says - than various paracetemol/codeine products. Enough, more than enough said. ::)

Fermi will especially like No 3. :D and yes thanks, they'll cheers Roger.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:17:12 PM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #411 on: July 12, 2011, 12:18:35 AM »
Fermi will especially like No 3. :D and yes thanks, they'll cheers Roger.
They obviously didn't go to the right places! There are numerous very high quality "European" restaurants in Goa but they aren't as cheap as the curry-houses! Infact because of the abundance of British tourists just about very diner has an "English menu" - mostly eggs and chips! ::)
I hope Roger is making a quick recovery and finishes installing your oven soon! ;D
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #412 on: July 12, 2011, 12:43:41 AM »
Goodness gracious me. Imagine going to Goa to eat egg and chips! ::)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:46:10 AM by Anthony Darby »

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #413 on: July 12, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Thanks, Anthony, I needed that!
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #414 on: July 12, 2011, 08:53:28 PM »
The egg and chips thing reminds me of that scene in the café in "Shirley Valentine".

alpines

• Alan's the one with the beard
    • The Alpine Garden
« Reply #415 on: July 12, 2011, 09:30:54 PM »
Some years ago I was on vacation on Menorca. Cheap package deal but the local restaurant was run by Spanish couple and their daughters who did all their own cooking and it was superb. Rarely have I ever eaten as well in a restaurant. Halfway through the vacation, a family of six or seven people from a town in Northern England (which shall remain nameless to protect the majority of that town's residents), came into the restaurant and all of them asked for sausage and chips. Nothing like enjoying the local cuisine is there? Having said that, I could kill for sausage and chips right now. It would go down well with the pint of Thwaites that Mr. Nicholson offered me yesterday. ;D
Alan & Sherba Grainger
in beautiful Berea, Kentucky, USA. Zone 6
www.thealpinegarden.com
www.KentuckyFlora.com

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #416 on: July 12, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »
We had sausage and potato bake last night. My memory of a bar in southern Spain at lunch time went like this: to the English bar man "I see you serve omelettes?" "yes". "What kind?" "Plain, ham, mushroom, tomato, cheese, cheese and ham, cheese and tomato................anything you want...........except Spanish!". We went elsewhere.

alpines

• Alan's the one with the beard
    • The Alpine Garden
« Reply #417 on: July 12, 2011, 09:44:02 PM »
Try asking for a proper sausage in Kentucky !!!! Whoever heard of FLAT sausages? Oh to be in Clitheroe at Cowmans Famous Sausage Shop.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:46:52 PM by alpines »
Alan & Sherba Grainger
in beautiful Berea, Kentucky, USA. Zone 6
www.thealpinegarden.com
www.KentuckyFlora.com

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2011, 10:31:33 PM »
Ah Alan, the flat "Lorne" sausage is widespread in Scotland.  :(   A poor, pink, fatty, gristly thing, to be sure, it also goes by the name of "square slice" or "flat sausage"  :-X 
304303-0
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

vivienr

« Reply #419 on: July 12, 2011, 10:31:57 PM »
Vivien Roeder, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal