We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011  (Read 74629 times)

Darren

Re: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011
« Reply #480 on: July 22, 2011, 05:45:03 PM »
I notice that, sadly, this thread has now nudged ahead of the 'happy' thread in number of posts/pages for the first time this year...... :(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:47:10 PM by Darren »
Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #481 on: July 22, 2011, 07:40:47 PM »
There is just so much to moan about, though... trivial things and serious things like the awful bomb blast and gun attacks today in Norway.
Terrible things happening that we seem to be able to do nothing about.  :'(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:44:25 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #482 on: July 22, 2011, 08:31:41 PM »
Just nothing like a good old moan, and I mean nothing :P ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Martinr

« Reply #483 on: July 22, 2011, 08:34:04 PM »
Just nothing like a good old moan, and I mean nothing :P ;D

Nothing!!!! that's a  bit negative isn't it.....look on the positive side...there must be something you can moan about ::)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #484 on: July 23, 2011, 06:28:17 AM »
Yes, the Norway news is truly frightful and my heart goes out to our Norwegian friends on the Forum. As yet I've heard just the barest bones of it all but no doubt our TV news will fill me in this evening. It is thoroughly cynical of me but I'm hoping our languishing Labour movement can make some use of the tragedy, and do a little political harm to the right wing extremist who has ministerial ambitions at our Nov. election. He is, to my mind an evil man and very dangerous. This man rolled the leader of a small right wing party (we have proportianal representation) and bullied him into standing down in the new man's favour, even tho' he didn't even belong to the party, all right wingers and "who cares about the rest of you, so long as WE have lower taxes on our huge incomes and massive investments?" If I hate anyone, it is people like these.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #485 on: July 23, 2011, 06:31:02 AM »
And to go on moaning (it's been a difficult day) and referring to Maren's post, why do (some) men think women want to look into their bedrooms? How b....y conceited and arrogant can they be? >:(
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #486 on: July 23, 2011, 06:44:27 AM »
Tragic news about Norway. I agree with you on both your points Lesley. Unfortunately the people who make the most money serve no useful purpose in my mind, yet they bleat when there are suggestions they should pay more tax.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:03:36 AM by Anthony Darby »
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

angie

« Reply #487 on: July 23, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »
And to go on moaning (it's been a difficult day) and referring to Maren's post, why do (some) men think women want to look into their bedrooms? How b....y conceited and arrogant can they be? >:(

Lesley I was thinking the same when I read Maren's post. I think Maren would have nicer things to look at than peek into the next doors bedroom window.

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #488 on: July 23, 2011, 06:32:19 PM »
.. men think women want to look into their bedrooms? How b....y conceited and arrogant can they be? >:(

He may have had something worth seeing Lesley.....................................................

a Picasso on the wall perhaps :P :-X

David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #489 on: July 23, 2011, 10:29:48 PM »
Bet it would have only been a print. The only man who ever "flashed" at me covered up very quickly when I asked what was he was trying to show me? I can't understand why women complain to the police about flashers (except where children are the victims of course). There are so many insulting things can be said, so quickly and effectively.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »
Small talk ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #491 on: July 24, 2011, 12:54:50 PM »
Lesley,

I recall a comedy sketch on television where a man flashed a lady and said, "What do you think of that?". To which she replied, "It's like a penis, only smaller."

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #492 on: July 24, 2011, 07:11:53 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #493 on: July 24, 2011, 11:03:13 PM »
Clever lady Paddy. ;D

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #494 on: July 27, 2011, 05:02:24 AM »
My new oven/cooktop still hasn't arrived but that's understandable with the snow we've had. Expected now on Friday morning and I'll make a chocolate cake first thing, then onto Cook's corner with the recipe. It's the best I ever made. :)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal