We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011  (Read 74476 times)

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
Re: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011
« Reply #705 on: October 27, 2011, 09:21:01 AM »
There was a large muscular bloke on my bus to work this morning. He was wearing only ladies underwear. It was 7:20AM, 8 degrees C and raining at the stop where he got on.

Why is this a moan?

Because being the most eccentric person on that bus is MY job!  I can't top this without getting arrested so I'm throwing in the towel and going back to being as boring as the other commuters >:( ;)

The bus company shouldn't be allowed to hire drivers like that!   :D
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #706 on: October 27, 2011, 09:21:53 AM »
Maybe he was any English rugby player on his way home from another dodgy party? 8)
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #707 on: October 27, 2011, 09:26:55 AM »
Maybe he was any English rugby player on his way home from another dodgy party? 8)

... Or a politician on his way home from another dodgy party?   Isn't life great?
Cliff Booker

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #708 on: October 27, 2011, 10:02:46 AM »
............only if you get invited to dodgy parties! ;D

Darren

« Reply #709 on: October 27, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »
Given his youth and the fact that he was travelling from town centre out to the University would support the dodgy party theory.  :)

Cliff - I suspect that he would not meet the employment criteria for stagecoach buses Lancaster. For one thing he didn't look nearly grumpy enough...

Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Colin

« Reply #710 on: October 27, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »
That's pretty much the standard dress for bus travellers in North Wales - in fact, that's prretty much the standard dress anywhere in North Wales !
CSH  North Wales

Per ardua ad astra

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #711 on: October 27, 2011, 11:23:43 AM »
I didn't think he fitted the criteria for a little Briton? ::)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #712 on: October 27, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
Did he get off at Skerton Darren :P
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Darren

« Reply #713 on: October 27, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »
Obviously you know Lancaster well David!

Skerton bridge (a major part of the one-way system) is currently the site of roadworks caused by United Utilities so nobody is getting off there for fear of falling down a hole. According to stagecoach this is likely to cause major delays to bus services entering the city from the north. What is actually happening is that for much of the day the traffic flow is improved as there are lights controlling it instead of the usual lane-switching chaos as two roads meet on the bridge.
Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #714 on: October 27, 2011, 02:06:07 PM »
Obviously you know Lancaster well David!

Lots of fond memories Darren. My Mum was born in Lancaster and early childhood holidays were always spent there and in Morecambe. No relatives alive now though and haven't been there for donkey's years. Relatives lived in the Torrisholme road area (Lymm Avenue, Bowland Drive) and I've memories of walks down Powder House Lane passed the Vale of Lune rugby ground and along the canal where, if I went too near the edge of the path, "Jenny Greenteeth" would pull me in. I remember Skerton Bridge very well.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

SusanS

« Reply #715 on: October 28, 2011, 09:34:56 AM »
ground and along the canal where, if I went too near the edge of the path, "Jenny Greenteeth" would pull me in. I remember Skerton Bridge very well.

alas "Jenny Greenteeth" has been replaced by the "stench monster" who lives under canal bridges, as it crawls onto dry land to catch small children it turns into "sweaty socks"  Or that is what my Niece and Nephew believe .... the joys of childhood, nothing like a bit of existential dread to get you through the day.  ;D
Darren's t'other half

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #716 on: October 28, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #717 on: November 02, 2011, 03:55:55 AM »
Howdy All,

Just a quick note to apologise for my absence of late.  Has been a difficult year...... my wife is currently in Hospital and is quite ill, my "new" 5 month old laptop computer just lost track of it's hard drive and I have lost all emails, pictures etc since May (despite regular "backups" which apparently didn't work  :'()..... and generally things are a bit tetchy right now.  ::)  Murphy's Law has been very busy of late.

So...... any important email from the last few months please resend.  I have seed collected for some of your as previously discussed, but they can wait for chemo results etc before I am going to do anything with them.  So sorry to have been such a stranger here of late, just been wrapped up in a few months of my wife's illness.

So please, any emails etc that you're waiting on please let me know.

I hope you're all well, and I'm going to try to get up here more often as I need a bit of friendly distraction right now. ;D
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #718 on: November 02, 2011, 05:09:30 AM »
Welcome back Paul and please may I wish your wife a speedy recovery.

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #719 on: November 02, 2011, 07:04:47 AM »
Welcome back Paul and please may I wish your wife a speedy recovery.

May we all echo Anthony's sentiments, Paul?   Please pass on the affection and best wishes of the alpine world to your wife ... and chin up mate, we're all here for you!
Cliff Booker

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal