We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011  (Read 74559 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Moan, Moan, Moan - 2011
« Reply #810 on: December 07, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »
Please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't want all my food items presented in a vertical stack in the middle of a huge plate that is evidently large enough on which to present the food PROPERLY.

You're not Anne. I think most Chefs; most Premier League footballers; all Turner Prize winners; all stars of screen, stage and radio; all politicians; most of the Royal Family; the traffic warden who works in Ivybridge; etc. etc. etc. have their heads so far up their own! they haven't a hope in Hell of seeing.

Or am I just getting old and crotchety? ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #811 on: December 07, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »
Please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't want all my food items presented in a vertical stack in the middle of a huge plate that is evidently large enough on which to present the food PROPERLY.

You're not Anne. I think most Chefs; most Premier League footballers; all Turner Prize winners; all stars of screen, stage and radio; all politicians; most of the Royal Family; the traffic warden who works in Ivybridge; etc. etc. etc. have their heads so far up their own! they haven't a hope in Hell of seeing.

Is that a rhetorical question?   ;)
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #812 on: December 07, 2011, 10:36:18 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

I've had a bad day!! ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #813 on: December 07, 2011, 10:43:50 PM »

Just sit down, have a packet of quavers and breve slowly.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:11:18 PM by Anthony Darby »
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #814 on: December 07, 2011, 11:09:37 PM »
Or just go for the short answer, "Yes." ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #815 on: December 07, 2011, 11:11:36 PM »
You could go over to the craft thread and make being crotchety an art! ;D

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #816 on: December 08, 2011, 09:40:12 AM »
You could go over to the craft thread and make being crotchety an art! ;D

I'm not needled by that ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

angie

« Reply #817 on: December 08, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »
Its such a miserable day here but you folks always put a smile on my face  ;)

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
    • The Hardy Orchid Society
« Reply #818 on: December 08, 2011, 08:37:41 PM »
Angie

Its just a little breeze!
Interested in Hardy Orchids then join The Hardy Orchid Society
Wanted Hardy Orchid Seed please pm me if you have some that you can spare
Sussex, England, UK Zone 9a

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #819 on: December 09, 2011, 03:28:46 AM »
Enough of a breeze to close schools in central Scotland. 25oCelsius here in Auckland. 8)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #820 on: December 09, 2011, 08:46:23 AM »
The winds in Scotland sounded really terrible. Our news talked of winds to 240kms an hour. We get really uptight - and blown around - with winds of half that speed. I hope everyone is safe. Can't be many days they have to close the Forth Bridge!
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #821 on: December 09, 2011, 09:23:42 AM »
It was a bridge over troubled waters................................................................................  Yes, I know!!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #822 on: December 14, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »
Is there any wonder the British retail industry is in the state that it is? Two illustrations.

I did some Christmas shopping this morning (early for me!!) and went to Marks and Sparks where I acquired a number of bags and then looked for somewhere to pay. On the whole floor I was on there were four tills each with a massive queue of people. I saw one bloke I knew in the queue and he said he had been waiting for nearly 20 minutes and hadn't yet reached a till. I joined the end of the queue and waited......and waited..... and waited. Fifteen minutes past and I had shuffled forward about four paces. A "suit", armed with a clip board (they always have clipboards!) meandered past and I asked if he was part of the management. He said he was the assistant manager. I told him how long I had been queuing and there were those who had waited longer. Well it's Christmas he said, there are always queues. I then asked what he was going to do about it and he said frankly nothing. So, after commenting further about the state of the industry; the lack of a "customer centred approach" (a phrase I find suits make a lot of use of) and why I should queue in his shop for the privilege of spending my own money, I hung the bags over his clip board arm and suggested he might then find something useful to do and put the contents back on the correct shelves..... and went home!

On the way home I called in at one of the Sheds. We need a new letter box (the ones that have internal draft excluder brushes). I found one, the only one in the store, but it was to fit a door 35mm in depth, my door is 27mm in depth. I asked a member of staff if they had any to fit narrower doors. No he said we don't stock any because we don't sell many so we only stock the 35mm one (???!!!). I asked him if he knew why they didn't sell many, no, he didn't he replied. Might it be because all the external doors you stock are less than 35mm ddep so the one you stock won't fit any of the doors you stock. I didn't know that he replied. So I went next door and consumed a couple of two shot espressos and went home!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #823 on: December 14, 2011, 09:49:14 PM »
Is there any wonder the British retail industry is in the state that it is? Two illustrations.

I did some Christmas shopping this morning (early for me!!) and went to Marks and Sparks where I acquired a number of bags and then looked for somewhere to pay. On the whole floor I was on there were four tills each with a massive queue of people. I saw one bloke I knew in the queue and he said he had been waiting for nearly 20 minutes and hadn't yet reached a till. I joined the end of the queue and waited......and waited..... and waited. Fifteen minutes past and I had shuffled forward about four paces. A "suit", armed with a clip board (they always have clipboards!) meandered past and I asked if he was part of the management. He said he was the assistant manager. I told him how long I had been queuing and there were those who had waited longer. Well it's Christmas he said, there are always queues. I then asked what he was going to do about it and he said frankly nothing. So, after commenting further about the state of the industry; the lack of a "customer centred approach" (a phrase I find suits make a lot of use of) and why I should queue in his shop for the privilege of spending my own money, I hung the bags over his clip board arm and suggested he might then find something useful to do and put the contents back on the correct shelves..... and went home!

On the way home I called in at one of the Sheds. We need a new letter box (the ones that have internal draft excluder brushes). I found one, the only one in the store, but it was to fit a door 35mm in depth, my door is 27mm in depth. I asked a member of staff if they had any to fit narrower doors. No he said we don't stock any because we don't sell many so we only stock the 35mm one (???!!!). I asked him if he knew why they didn't sell many, no, he didn't he replied. Might it be because all the external doors you stock are less than 35mm ddep so the one you stock won't fit any of the doors you stock. I didn't know that he replied. So I went next door and consumed a couple of two shot espressos and went home!

That'll teach you to go Christmas shopping, David ... and how were you going to wrap that letterbox?  Mrs. N. really doesn't deserve you!
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #824 on: December 14, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »
It would have been the highlight of her Christmas morning (after the morning kiss from me of course!) ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal