We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: The 10,000 Club.  (Read 4252 times)

cohan

• forest gnome
Re: The 10,000 Club.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 07:38:25 PM »
I've been on 60 hours so Lesley must have more to say

my goodness, and i have 39 days on after a much shorter membership...maybe i just stay logged in too long...lol

I tried that excuse, Cohan... then I found that the counter only registers time you are actively "moving around" the pages!  :-X

! no excuses then! I wonder if there is a difference for those who do some functions via email? Or is it only notifications that go in email and then you still have to log in to do anything? In any case, time well spent  ;D

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »
Many congratulations Lesley !!!!  :-* :-* :-*
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Well done Lesley. Here's to 20,000.

I'm well on the way David, if somewhat apologetically. ??? ::) :D

Cohan I find that notifications all come in by email to Inbox but to enter the Forum or post, I have to click on the email link. I can read most posts in the Inbox but sometimes the complete post is not there, and not the pictures of course.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 12:08:30 AM »
I get the emails also, read a few, delete many and then come to the web site
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »
Thanks Mark and Lesley, that's what I assumed, a mix of both;
I've never set up any email notifications, I just come to the site and browse around..

Juan Fornes

• Nature admirer, birds lover & bulbs worshipper
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »
Congratulations, Lesley!  Well deserved the honor of such an exclusive "club inside the club". You always light us with such interestings subjects and warm words... (I promisse: pics of you and your family among the lavender fields will be unforgetable!) I even wonder if I´ll ever meet the "mini 100 Club"!
Juan Fornes in Valencia, E. Spain. Zone 10 (not so bad...)

When a man moves away from nature, his heart becomes hard. (Native american proverb)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 07:03:37 PM »
Juan, there's so much of interest on the whole Forum that believe me, it's very easy for the numbers of posts to creep up at an amazing rate. You'll be a "hero" member in no time at all. But I think all the active Forumists are heroes. ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 07:04:33 PM »
Cohen, when you see a thread you like simply click on notify. When you change your mind click notify again
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:20:57 PM by mark smyth »
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

TheOnionMan

• the onion man has layers
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 10:35:48 PM »
Cohen, when you see a threade you like simply click on notify. When you change your mind click notify again

I use the Notify option all the time, however, I find that clicking Notify a second time in an attempt to turn off email notification on a topic, most often does not work, it continues to send me email notifications. Now, I try to be more careful to select Notify on topics that I know I'll never get tired of. :-X

By the way Leslie, congrats on your 10,000th posting!  We just hit a milestone on Alpine-L, 666 messages in January 2011 so far, blink an eye, and many more messages come in!
Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA (near the New Hampshire border)
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

t00lie

• Style Icon
  • If i'm not at home i'll be in the mountains.
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 06:44:57 AM »
We just hit a milestone on Alpine-L, 666 messages in January 2011 so far, blink an eye, and many more messages come in!

Hello Mark Mc

I wonder if you could post here ,the link to Alpine l --i'm having trouble locating the site .Ta .

Cheers dave. 

Dave Toole. Invercargill bottom of the South Island New Zealand. Zone 9 maritime climate 1100mm rainfall pa.

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 08:27:58 AM »
Dave,

Not McMark here.... I hope you don't mind?  Alpine-L isn't a website, but rather it is an email based forum.  The mailing list is alpine-l@science.uu.nl but to subscribe to the list just send an email to  alpine-l-request@science.uu.nl?subject=subscribe (I notice this shows only the address as blue, but you need the bit after the ? as well if you are going to subscribe).  

Enjoy. 8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:09:17 PM by Maggi Young »
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 11:25:55 AM »
The Alpine L  list and archives have recently moved to a  new "home.... it is still viewable by anyone, though, as Paul points out, one must register to post.
This recent activity has, as McMark says, been greater than most of the last six months opput together. The potential loss of their list because of the move seems to have galvanised the Elves..... often -times to make great complaints about  getting all those emails and about how they don't like the Forum format, such as we have here.... it's all rather strange!

You can see it all here : http://mailman.science.uu.nl/pipermail/alpine-l/ but McMark recommends here : http://www.mail-archive.com/alpine-l@science.uu.nl/index.html

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:10:06 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

TheOnionMan

• the onion man has layers
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
Regarding Alpine-L, just a bit of clarification on links given. Alpine-L is an automated group maillist that can be subscribed to (free), the service is hosted in the Netherlands.  The best way to subscribe is to visit the following link:
http://mailman.science.uu.nl/mailman/listinfo/alpine-l

The address Paul supplied (alpine-l@science.uu.nl) is not the mailing list, but is the "addressee" when sending messages to Alpine-L.  Messages sent to alpine-l@science.uu.nl get delivered to all Alpine-L members only if you (the sender) are a registered Alpine-L List Member.

Due to irregularities with the proper display of some Alpine-L Archive messages in its new hosting location, a second Mail Archive view was established.  So, in addition to the link to full Alpine-L historical archives Maggi provided, for day to day reading of messages I recommend going to the new Alpine-L Mail Archive (see link below). This particular view of recent Alpine-L mail is nicely formatted, best viewed by "Date" view (newest messages at the top), and inside each message is a handy "thread-view" interface. Check it out here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/alpine-l@science.uu.nl/index.html

Another viewing and Alpine-L Archive searching service has been enlisted, but not yet available.

I've been encouraging Alpine-L members to subscribe in "digest" mode rather than being subjected to a barrage of individual emails, to help ease email management and not drive members to unsubscribe.

Mark McDonough (signing off here with my Alpine-L signature block :D)
Alpine-L list-owner
antennaria@charter.net
Massachusetts, USA
***your Alpine-L account settings***
    http://mailman.science.uu.nl/mailman/listinfo/alpine-l
***Alpine-L archive message links***
    http://mailman.science.uu.nl/pipermail/alpine-l/
    http://www.mail-archive.com/alpine-l@science.uu.nl/index.html
Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA (near the New Hampshire border)
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »
I've edited the posts to reflect your comments re contact etc, McMark, thanks.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

t00lie

• Style Icon
  • If i'm not at home i'll be in the mountains.
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »
Thanks all.

It was the archive i was most interested in.

Cheers Dave
Dave Toole. Invercargill bottom of the South Island New Zealand. Zone 9 maritime climate 1100mm rainfall pa.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal