We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging Forum- one year old!  (Read 2279 times)

TheOnionMan

• the onion man has layers
Re: Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging Forum- one year old!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 11:37:11 AM »

Thanks Marc. I'm not alone in it though. Luc G. is the Admin and Moderator of the forum while I'm the Admin of the website.

Congratulations to you and all the Admins and Moderators of your forum too.

Oh, I am terribly remiss in not also congratulating Luc too, I didn't realize Luc that you were the forum Admin/Moderator, so hearty congratulations to you both... it can be a lot of work. AS I write this message, I have another window open to download and install Google Translate on Firefox, so that I can see and read what you guys are up to. :)
Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA (near the New Hampshire border)
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

TheOnionMan

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 01:17:44 PM »
Update, the Google Translate plugin for Firefox does not seem to work for Dutch on the VRV Forum, however when I try it using Internet Explorer, the plugin does work and I can read the forum. :D

Update2:  There are 3 separate Google Translate plugins for Firefox, two that translate selected text (gTranslate, and Google Translator for FireFox) and one that will translate whole web pages (gTranslator).  Installing gTranslator plugin, it does work to translate Dutch to English on VRV Forum, the only downside is that one must click a translate button on each page loaded, versus the version of the plugin for Internet Explorer where there's an option to tell it to *always* translate when it detects a certain language.

I share this here in case anyone else wants to peruse the VRV Forum pages; certainly worthwhile, lots of fantastic photos posted, so it's useful to know what is being said.  :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:44:59 PM by TheOnionMan »
Mark McDonough
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

Carlo

• BirdMan and Botanical Blogger
    • BotanicalGardening.com
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 03:36:05 PM »
Cheers, prosit, salut, nyuk-nyuk!
Carlo A. Balistrieri
Vice President
The Garden Conservancy
Zone 6

Twitter: @botanicalgarden
Visit: www.botanicalgardening.com and its BGBlog, http://botanicalgardening.com/serendipity/index.php

art600

• Travels light, travels far
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »
An excellent Forum run by wonderful people and having excellent growers amongst their members.
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 07:06:05 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everybody !!!  :D :D
We'll do our best to keep things going steadily but surely !
Thanks for teaching the world how to translate Flemish Mc Mark !!  ;)  Fortunately, the images speak for themselves don't they !
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

krisderaeymaeker

• former president Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging
    • Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging  Flemish Rock Garden Club site and Forum
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 07:36:39 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everybody !!!  :D :D
We'll do our best to keep things going steadily but surely !
Thanks for teaching the world how to translate Flemish Mc Mark !!  ;)  Fortunately, the images speak for themselves don't they !

What a pleasant surprise! 8) 8) 8) Thanks for the support and congratulations.
Always fine to celebrate a birthday with so many friends !
I suggest that bottle of champagne sometimes drink together Maggi.

Kris De Raeymaeker
from an ancient Roman settlement near the Rupel
Belgium

"even the truth is very often only perception"

"Small plants make great friends"

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 08:16:45 AM »
Update, the Google Translate plugin for Firefox does not seem to work for Dutch on the VRV Forum, however when I try it using Internet Explorer, the plugin does work and I can read the forum. :D

Update2:  There are 3 separate Google Translate plugins for Firefox, two that translate selected text (gTranslate, and Google Translator for FireFox) and one that will translate whole web pages (gTranslator).  Installing gTranslator plugin, it does work to translate Dutch to English on VRV Forum, the only downside is that one must click a translate button on each page loaded, versus the version of the plugin for Internet Explorer where there's an option to tell it to *always* translate when it detects a certain language.

I share this here in case anyone else wants to peruse the VRV Forum pages; certainly worthwhile, lots of fantastic photos posted, so it's useful to know what is being said.  :D

Mark,

Where do I get this.... I use firefox as well.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

TheOnionMan

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »

Mark,

Where do I get this.... I use firefox as well.

In Firefox go to the Tools pulldown menu > Add-Ons > Get Add-Ons > a few add-ons show up in the dialog box...on the right click on Browse All Add-ons > Categories > Language Support > select gTranslator (not gTranslate) and allow it to install. After it installs go to Tools > Add-Ons > Extensions > select gTranslator > Options, and select options about where the gTranslate buttons show up.  See two screen captures below.  And Kris, congratulations to you as well, only just learning who is involved with the young VRV Forum. :D
Mark McDonough
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal