We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Blackpool SRGC Show  (Read 13843 times)

Palustris

Re: Blackpool SRGC Show
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2011, 12:32:36 PM »
Blimey! We got home about 6.30 and spent the rest of the evening recovering from the drive. How on earth does Diane find time to deal with her pictures? I am still going through mine (200 or so of them) putting on names etc. Trouble is the sun is shining and I really need to be out there getting on with the garden. This is a second coffee break, but back out in a moment. So photos will have to wait until tonight or if it rains.

angie

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »
Fantastic Dionysia, how do they do this, it's perfect. Thanks for posting the pictures of the show and looking forward to see many more.

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »
....How on earth does Diane find time to deal with her pictures? I am still going through mine (200 or so of them) putting on names etc. ..........

I think the answer might be that she's a woman and is, therefore, well used to multi-tasking :P ::) :-X
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »
 .... as Miss Peggy Lee said, in the song by Lieber and Stoller.....

or from an earlier recording ....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 07:00:43 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2011, 07:03:21 PM »
.... as Miss Peggy Lee said, in the song by Lieber and Stoller.....

or from an earlier recording ....

She could really handle a song couldn't she.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 07:07:40 PM »
I think so, David... she's always been a real star in my eyes.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

veteran vet

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 07:11:17 PM »
Sorry there were so few Scottish folk down but I would have stayed at home if we had had any snow. It was good to see the Bainbridge and Taylor clans in full flow...they travelled on the Friday but John Lee said he had had a hairy start from Glasgow to the south of Lanark.

My computer has saved pictures in alphabetical order so my usual mix of winners  and things that tickled my fancy

Androsace brevis.....Ian Kidman
Androsace ciliata ....Chris Lillie
Callianthemum kernerianum....Brian Burrow...the true plant

veteran vet

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
Colchicum szovitzii....Diane Clement....no matter how often I write this name down I always have to correct an error in my spelling....still a great plant
Corydalis kuznetzovii....Don Peace
Corydalis maracandica ....Ivor Betteridge....not the best pic in the world but give the right idea

veteran vet

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2011, 07:26:05 PM »
Corydalis schanginii ainii...J & C Dower....is a difficult exhibition plant as it tends to be leggy if it does not get enough light and then is difficult to transport to a show without 'collapsing'...this is a reasonable try
Corydalis solida 'Blushing Girl'     George Young....I had kept this plant outside through all weathers to stop it getting floppy, it only came in when temp was going below freezing...was supposed to go to Loughborough last week but I didnt go so it obliged by hanging on till yesterday. Is a Ruksans c/v
Crocus corsicus  F & P Bundy   this is a crocus I like but find slow to bulk up, my original bulbs came from Eric Watson
Cyclamen libanoticum....Ray Drew....the new AGS director of shows

veteran vet

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »
We move into Dionysia territory and I make no aplogies for repeating specimens already posted by other contributors as we had a fantastic display of pristine Dionysia at the show....just wish I could grow them
Dionysia 'Zdedenek Zvolanek'....Ian Kidman....another spelling hurdle....is one of my favourites
Dionysia 'Goteborg' ....Forrest Medal for Paul and Gill ranson
Dionysia bazoftica....Ian Kidman

veteran vet

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2011, 07:37:58 PM »
Dionysia 'Bernd Wetzel'....Paul & Gill Ranson
Dionysia bryoides....Derek Pickard
Dionysia 'Manuela'....Paul & Gill Ranson

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2011, 07:41:17 PM »
Keep em coming.... super show there.... thanks all for posting.
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

veteran vet

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2011, 07:43:45 PM »
Douglasia nivalis...Ian Kidman....will be better next week I would think
Draba rosularis....F & B Hoyle
Fritillaria alburyana...Geoff Rollinson....was at its best last week but still a fantastic exhibit...I gather 20 years in the making

veteran vet

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »
Frits have been few and far between this year so I send two pictures of
Fritiilaria raddeana which are not the best but it was a 'nice' plant...shown by Peter Farkasch
Fritillaria stenathera...Jim Watson....who easily won most points in the 'B' section...he lives just round the corner from me and is a former begonia man, now heavily into alpines
Hepatica japonica 'Shuiriyaka' (I think)...also by Jim Watson. There were quite a few Hepaticas at trhe show but sadly my photos let them down...this was the only one that was in any way postable

veteran vet

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
now for a couple of Iris...one of my favourite species which are just (I hope) being a bit late into flower power this year
Iris 'sindpers'...Ivor Betteridge...is on my want list but don't seem to see it available too often
Iris winowgradowii....F & P Bundy...my own are just coming through in the pots but not seen any sign of the ones in troughs yet, I live in hope
This seems to have been a bad year for Narcissus...at least my bulbs have not enjoyed -15C over a few weeks so it was good to see the following on the bench
Narcissus cyclamineus...B & H Price
Narcissus romieuxii..... C & I Bainbridge...showing the flag for Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal