We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Rannveig Wallis List (Buried Treasure)  (Read 3835 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Rannveig Wallis List (Buried Treasure)
« on: June 25, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »
Rannveig  runs a bulb nursery in Wales. She and her husband, Bob, are very well known exhibitors at alpine shows in England. They travel extensively to study and collect bulbs and have described various finds, particularly in Fritillaria.  A look at the show results from any English alpine show in bulb season will give you an idea of their plants.  They both give talks on Bulb subjects, too, and Rannveig even finds time for painting flowers! Bob was a speaker at the recent Alpines 2011 Conference and Rannveig gave a workshop, on bulb growing, I think.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

bulborum

• Botanical bulbofiel
    • Facebook Forum
Re: Rannveig Wallis List (Buried Treasure)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »
Thanks Maggi

David send me the list
looks very interesting
bulb-people must have a look in this list

Roland
Zone <8   -7°C _ -12°C  10 F to +20 F
RGB or RBGG means:
We collect mother plants or seeds ourself in the nature and multiply them later on the nursery

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bulborum/

For other things see:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pumpkins.Tomatoes.Sweet.and.mild.Peppers

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 10:26:05 AM »
I know that at least one recipient has had problems in opening the file I sent (it's a "docx" file) and in case there are others this article may help. I don't profess to understand the article so please don't come back to me if you still have problems, just draw attention to it in the Computer Problems thread and I'm sure one of the experts will solve the problem easily.

http://www.ghacks.net/2007/12/10/ways-to-open-office-docx-documents/
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Gerry Webster

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 02:43:40 PM »
The preface to Rannveig's new list suggests that she may be beginning  to run the nursery down. I hope not. There are not many  bulb nurseries left in the UK & the disappearance of 'Buried Treasure'  would be a disaster.
Gerry passed away  at home  on 25th February 2021 - his posts are  left  in the  forum in memory of him.
His was a long life - lived well.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
Yes, I read it that way too Gerry and I second your views. Don't suppose I shall see Rannveig until the South West AHS Show next March but I'll have a word with her and get an up date.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

angie

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:12:55 PM »
David thanks for the list. Said I wasn't going to buy anymore plants this year but there is a lot of nice things on offer.  ;D

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal