We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Paramongaia weberbaueri  (Read 2817 times)

Tecophilaea King

• traveling off the beaten track
Paramongaia weberbaueri
« on: September 17, 2011, 02:37:19 PM »
I have a few bulbs of Paramongaia weberbaueri to spare for exchange of fresh aril or arilbred iris seed.
I would also be interested in fresh seed of either Iris koreana, Iris henryi, and Iris odeasanensis .
Only recently have I started to take an interest in this addictive, exquisite genus and would love to grow some more of the species and the aril and arilbred irises.
I would prefer Iris seed, as I already grow an extensive collection of many other genera.
Anyone interested to exchange, please drop me a pm or email me privately.
Cheers,

Bill Dijk
Tauranga,
New Zealand
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:48:09 PM by Tecophilaea King »
Bill Dijk in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Climate zone 10

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Paramongaia weberbaueri
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 12:10:09 AM »
You'd better talk nicely to Pat T Bill. ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

TheOnionMan

• the onion man has layers
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 06:11:33 AM »
Hello Bill, with patience, I may be able to get some Iris seed to you eventually, possibly in 2012. In complete contrast to our drought of 2010, 2011 was a rather wet spring and summer, and no seed whatsoever was produced on Iris koreana, I. henryi, and I. odeasanensis, but surely I'll get seed in other years.
Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA (near the New Hampshire border)
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

Tecophilaea King

• traveling off the beaten track
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 11:31:42 AM »
Hello Bill, with patience, I may be able to get some Iris seed to you eventually, possibly in 2012. In complete contrast to our drought of 2010, 2011 was a rather wet spring and summer, and no seed whatsoever was produced on Iris koreana, I. henryi, and I. odeasanensis, but surely I'll get seed in other years.

Mark, I am delighted to hear from you again and your reply to this post and hopefully your plants will produce a better crop of seed of these most exquisite species in the near future. Look very much forward hearing from you next season.  :) :)  Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:31:37 PM by Tecophilaea King »
Bill Dijk in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Climate zone 10

daveyp1970

• bulbs and corms you've got to love them.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »
Mark i did notice a lack of picks of your stunning clumps of these iris this year >:(.They were a highlight for me the previous season.
tuxford
Nottinghamshire

TheOnionMan

• the onion man has layers
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 03:28:50 PM »
Mark i did notice a lack of picks of your stunning clumps of these iris this year >:(.They were a highlight for me the previous season.

Davey, the lack of picks is because after a 17-month period of unemployment, I started a new job the end of March 2011, and the job demands and commute are a living hell; I find myself once again with "no life", or at least "no gardening life"... back to praying to find enough time on the weekend to mow the lawn and maybe fit in at least a few hours in the garden.  I'm looking for a new "normal" job with a more sane commute, less traveling, and less constant high-pressure demands.
Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA (near the New Hampshire border)
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal