We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus Gala 2012  (Read 27320 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Galanthus Gala 2012
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2012, 07:46:31 PM »
Unlike the Galanthus Gala, all of the tickets for the Hooped Petticoat Narcissus Gala were sent out weeks ago to the thousands who had begged to attend and the proceeds have been invested following much advice from my Investment expert Mr H Redknapp!

Ivybridge chippy have laid in vast amounts of spuds and fishing boats out of Plymouth have been on overtime for weeks. The Chefs at the Indian are producing Biryani as though there were no tomorrow and I thank, most sincerely folks, the good people of Ivybridge who have extended the loan of their freezers. Once he gets Sunday out of the way the Vicar has promised to give the Methodist Hall a bit of a clean and if he gets time a lick of paint.

I'm only sorry that I shall be unable to personally greet all the visitors but Mr Redknapp and I have some rather pressing business in Monaco on that date.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
Just in case you missed the news here http://www.srgc.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7858.120 it seems that the Galanthus Gala was not so popular this year so if you applied for tickets you got them.  What's more, there are still some spare spaces (so there you are, David, I know behind the bravado you are secretly just itching to go).
Almost in Scotland.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »
Yeah! ::)
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2012, 08:20:17 PM »
I'll pay your way. You dont have to go anywhere near the sales area and you will enjoy meeting forum members
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »
Very kind Mark but no thanks, I'll be there in "spirit" ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
Do any Yorkshiremen collect snowdrops, or is it against their religion?!
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

Gerry Webster

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2012, 08:53:03 PM »
Unlike the Galanthus Gala, all of the tickets for the Hooped Petticoat Narcissus Gala were sent out weeks ago to the thousands who had begged to attend and the proceeds have been invested following much advice from my Investment expert Mr H Redknapp!
David - To my dismay, I've noticed you popping up on the snowdrop thread recently.  I bet you intend to spend your ill-gotten gains (the proceeds of gambling with our money) on an EBay snowdrop.
Gerry passed away  at home  on 25th February 2021 - his posts are  left  in the  forum in memory of him.
His was a long life - lived well.

scatigaz

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
This Yorkshireman collects snowdrops. I am really addicted. Sad i know but just cant help it lol.
gary lee

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2012, 11:14:49 PM »
Do any Yorkshiremen collect snowdrops, or is it against their religion?!

Sad to say I have to raise my hand  ;D
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2012, 07:41:11 PM »
David - To my dismay, I've noticed you popping up on the snowdrop thread recently.................... 

Only to hone my subversion skills Gerry and to spread disinformation. I've been reading too many le Carre books lately ;D

I'm finding said Mr Redknapp an invaluable advisor especially on matters of taxation (or more appropriately, not!!) but regretfully he knows even less than me about Snowdrops.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2012, 07:47:25 PM »
Well Tim, there you see it, at least two Yorkshiremen ignoring their heritage and spending money on little white flowers that all look the same when they should be applying their mantra-Hear all, see all, say nowt. Eat all, sup all, pay nowt.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »
Well Tim, there you see it, at least two Yorkshiremen ignoring their heritage and spending money on little white flowers that all look the same when they should be applying their mantra-Hear all, see all, say nowt. Eat all, sup all, pay nowt.

It's the 'see all' and 'pay nowt' that I have trouble with David ;D
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2012, 07:58:02 PM »
A Yorkshire lass as well.  ::) Yellow fever is the most virulent though, daffs rule!
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

steve owen

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »
Bridlington born,bred, and educated. A snowdrop named Flamborough Head thrives in my garden. Qualified to play cricket for the county and free pass to Betty's Tea Rooms at Harrogate. Where has tha been since ah saw thee?
NCPPG National Collection Holder for Galanthus
Beds/Bucks border

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2012, 08:36:40 PM »
.......... Qualified to play cricket for the county..............

Now, there's the rub, so is everyone else these days, no matter where they were born. FST will have turned in his grave, many times.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal