We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: St. Martin ...a special day !  (Read 1693 times)

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
Re: St. Martin ...a special day !
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 10:41:56 AM »
Saint Martin would be better. Especially the Sunset Beach Bar at the end of the airport runway, where you have to hold on to the fence to stop you being blown away as the aeroplanes, especially 747s, take off. :o http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Martin
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Arykana

• cake maker supreme
  • International flower plunderer person
    • Fairy Garden
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 04:28:03 PM »
We have eat fat goose and goose liver on St. Martin day too as Hans wrote. All the reataurant have on menu at this day. I made a big 8 kg size goose for the family. It was brawned and shiny, flawored with garlic, sage and majoramm. The meet was juicy and friable, the skin crispy. The liver 1200 gramm, I saved for Christmas.   No traditon for cake and sweets for this day, but usually the aple pie fallow the goose.
for the pastry:
1 whole egg and 2 egg yolks, 150 g butter, 20 ml sour cram and 3 tablespoon sugar, 2 teaspoon of baking powder knead thogeter as much flour as it take it for a not sticky but not hard pastry.
filling: slice thinly 1 kg apple, pour over 4-8 tablespoon  sugar and simmer till soft
take half of the pasta, roll out and put on a greesed and floured sheet, slush with good apricot jam, pur over the aple souce, sprinkle with raisin and toasted walnut or almond
take the other half of the pasta, roll out and cover the filling
bake it in a preaheated oven for 30-40 minutes
Can not miss the new vine tasting. I have to tell you, we have had the most wonderfull wine in the last 45 years. Our rose is sweet smelling, rich friuty taste and the color is perfectly rose,  clear as a mirror. The red vine is rich in color, like the blood and smelling like a ripe grape, can found a slicely taste of a dark chocolate and sour cherry, full and strong. 

Hans J

• Gardener and Gourmet
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 05:46:56 PM »
Oooops  :o

after reading your post Erika my weith was one kilo more  :o :o :o

no wonder that I like the austrian and bavarian kitchen ....they are very influenced from bohemian and hungarian cooking people .....

mhhhh
Hans
"The bigger the roof damage, the better the view"(Alexandra Potter)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 08:51:25 PM »

Can not miss the new vine tasting. I have to tell you, we have had the most wonderfull wine in the last 45 years. Our rose is sweet smelling, rich friuty taste and the color is perfectly rose,  clear as a mirror. The red vine is rich in color, like the blood and smelling like a ripe grape, can found a slicely taste of a dark chocolate and sour cherry, full and strong. 
Wow! It all sounds delicious... congratulations on this successful year.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Arykana

• cake maker supreme
  • International flower plunderer person
    • Fairy Garden
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »
come and taste  ;D

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal