We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Craft Сorner  (Read 12142 times)

emma T

• Famous original snowdrop hat lady
Re: Craft Сorner
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2013, 03:32:06 PM »
Some felt french bulldogs i made  ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:08:54 PM by Maggi Young »
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

emma T

« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2013, 03:34:50 PM »
a hen
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:09:53 PM by Maggi Young »
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
Mercy, Emma! You are clever -  these are SUCH fun!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

emma T

« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2013, 04:11:51 PM »
I like making them  ;D

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »
I like making them  ;D
I think that shows, Emma  :) :D

Have you got them listed on Etsy or wherever?

Once when I'd been clipping the westies and trimming the feet of  a visiting black spaniel, we made a "sculpture of a westie out of the white hair, with the black fur for eyes and  nose that was really cute - should have photographed the bloomin' thing  ::)
We thought at the time it was asking for transformation to doggy felt!

emma T

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2013, 05:17:25 PM »
Not yet , they take a good 18 hours to felt . I sell them before i get chance to put them on etsy ! I do have an etsy page https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoolyWoolas

emma T

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »
I was commissioned to make the hen  :) then my mum wanted one .........now i have to make more hens . I just dont have enough free time .

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2013, 06:01:27 PM »
Not yet , they take a good 18 hours to felt . I sell them before i get chance to put them on etsy ! I do have an etsy page https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoolyWoolas

I was about to ask how long it takes to make them- I could well believe  it might take longer than that.
 The  details are suberb in the Frenchies,  particularly ( well, to be fair, and at the risk of offending my fowl-keeping chums- there's only so much you can do to show the character of a hen.......)

Lillii

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2013, 07:43:25 PM »
I work with clay and this is one of the latest small personalities i have made :)
Regards
Lill Isaksen

Seedoholic with too small a garden.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2013, 08:20:53 PM »
So cute - he looks like he just came out of the nest!

Lillii

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »
Thanks Maggi :) yes you are right, quite the curious one!
Regards
Lill Isaksen

Seedoholic with too small a garden.

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2014, 03:20:07 PM »
I remember this thread being a great deal of fun. This is more utilitarian - a banner for the nursery for plant events - but we thought we would come up with something extra special, so my daughter (and wife who has all the stocks of threads, felt, and innumerable sewing bits and pieces, plus all the expertise) have made a design with plants to be stitched onto hessian. This is just the beginning - it is 2m x 1m. Will it be ready for Great Dixter at the beginning of October? Should be interesting - the plants go through the year beginning with snowdrops...
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2014, 03:46:39 PM »
Oh my word, Tim - that is going to be fantastic! Cannot think of another nursery who will have such a fine handcrafted banner - that will be a good thing to make folks remember Copton Ash right away. I'm greatly impressed and will look forward to seeing the finished object. Congrats to the Ingram "gals" for their idea and handiwork.

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »
Many, many years ago … way back in the mists of time … when Methuselah was just a nipper, I sat in my office at work one day, doodling away on a parchment with a small stick of graphite. I had illusions of grandeur and decided to start a totally impractical alpine nursery (I had no land, no money, no experience and little knowledge of business or propagation), but I did have the good sense to start with the sign for outside the gate (in essence I had no gate).  I designed and painted an attractive board that was of sufficient quality that it took many hours of thinking time to create … enough hours for the realisation to set in that any potential change of career would be both futile and ridiculous.  I still have the sales board in the bottom of my wardrobe and dust it off occasionally with a hint of nostalgia, a modicum of regret and an enormous sense of relief - we certainly wouldn't have been able to travel the world as we do now if that board had been theoretically fastened to our (non-existent) gate.

All best wishes Tim and the girls for such a wonderful project.
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
That's very nice of you to say so Cliff, and it seems that Whitworth Alpines just took a different course :) Some glorious photos from your recent tour and a great deal of encouragement from this remarkable Forum.
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal