We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: a visit to Florence  (Read 718 times)

olegKon

• onion farmer to the forum
a visit to Florence
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:06:54 PM »
I have just come back from Florence. It was an amasing spell of Italian spring in the middle of our winter (it is still more than 2 months of winter left). Streets in the city were full of cyclamen (Persicum). The rest of the pics were taken in the botanic gardens in Florence
in Moscow

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: a visit to Florence
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
A wonderful time of year to get away from the Moscow winter, Oleg!
And a good time for Florence... perhaps the Uffizi Gallery is less crowded at this time?
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

olegKon

• onion farmer to the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
For those who like museums it is quite a time to visit Florence. No queues, no crowds even in the Uffizi. Trattorias in the evening are a bonus.
I couldn't resist a temptation in the garden to pick up several fruits of Juglans nigra (Black Wallnut) for their wonderful smell. Now the smell of Florence for me.
in Moscow

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 07:29:13 PM »
Florence is one of my all time favourite cities, thanks for reminding me of it Oleg.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal