We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Great excitement-Worsleya procera about to flower.  (Read 1683 times)

Tecophilaea King

• traveling off the beaten track
Great excitement-Worsleya procera about to flower.
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:26:02 AM »
Hi Folks,
Great excitement in the nursery, one of our Worsleya procera, (syn. Worsleya rayneri) plant is budding up and about to flower in the next few days.
To be successful with pollinating and hopefully produce a few seeds, the pollen has to come preferably from a different plant or clone.
I would love to get hold off (or exchange) some pollen with a grower from the Southern Hemisphere, preferably from New Zealand or Australia.
Could one of our forum member(s) with a Worsleya in flower please help me with a few grains of pollen please?
Perhaps you know someone else I could contact, I am willing to pay for pollen and/or postage.
Look forward hearing from someone.
I would be very grateful, thanks
Bill Dijk, Tauranga, New Zealand
Bill Dijk in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Climate zone 10

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Great excitement-Worsleya procera about to flower.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »
Sorry, can't help with this one Bill. Mine, bought from Parva I think some years ago, didn't last a year before it died.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

rob krejzl

• One-Eyed About Plants
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 11:58:49 PM »
Bill,

Can't help this year, other than to suggest you try the appeal on the Yahoo Worsleya group. Ask me next year, in the latter half of January, & I could give you pollen from my Cosh clone.
Southern Tasmania

USDA Zone 8/9

Tecophilaea King

• traveling off the beaten track
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 06:42:06 AM »
Bill,
Can't help this year, other than to suggest you try the appeal on the Yahoo Worsleya group. Ask me next year, in the latter half of January, & I could give you pollen from my Cosh clone.

Thanks Rob for the info, will try the Yahoo Worsleya group.
Will keep you in mind for next year, the same applies of course when I can help with pollen.
Where did the Cosh clone originally came from Rob?
In New Zealand most Worsleya's are the same clone, initially imported by Terry Hatch.
Thanks anyway for the offer.
Bill
Bill Dijk in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Climate zone 10

rob krejzl

• One-Eyed About Plants
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 07:01:47 PM »
Bill,

Glad your problem is now solved. Glen can tell you more about the origins of the Cosh clone than I can - mine was passed to me via Gary Buckley.
Southern Tasmania

USDA Zone 8/9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal