We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: November 2012 in the Southern Hemisphere  (Read 12514 times)

rob krejzl

• One-Eyed About Plants
Re: November 2012 in the Southern Hemisphere
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2012, 03:05:42 AM »
Clematis gentianoides..... It has set no seed in several years of good bloom.

Dioecious.
Southern Tasmania

USDA Zone 8/9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2012, 09:03:19 AM »
Well that's odd John as I have Nov 2008 written on the label. Are you sure you didn't send some the year before 2009? The others germinated too, Nom. pardanthina was one and a couple of others, would have to go and check the labels and it's dark now, 10 pm and off to bed as an early start with the market. I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm home again.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2012, 09:03:50 AM »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2012, 12:49:42 PM »
Well that's odd John as I have Nov 2008 written on the label. Are you sure you didn't send some the year before 2009?

:-[  Indeed he sent some of the seeds the year before too and I see the email where I mailed them to you on the 20 Oct 2008.  I sent Bill some from the second lot the next year.

johnw
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2012, 07:46:57 AM »
I had a visit from Bill Dijk yesterday. He was well and it was great to catch up over coffee and cakes. 8)
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2012, 07:36:50 PM »
That's good to hear that my mind hadn't gone completely and I was trying to pretend it wasn't as late as I realize it is - if you see what I mean.

The others are all fine though need bigger pots for now and haven't budded yet. There's Lil. ox. insigne, Nom. pardanthina, N. aperta, a good form according to the label, N. x Findlayorum, all germinated well and are growing well at this time. More flowers next year I should think.

Will take a pic this morning of another rhodo which could be one of the Lem's hybs though not Lem's Monarch which I see I have in my new garden but not a good plant, two spindly, slanting stems which look as if they've grown away from a broken base. Both are in full bloom now but maybe the whole thing needs to be cut off and started over. Can't do that until late Feb though.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal